LAD23DER

Changing up MVAs

I think someone posted before that the game tends to go towards smaller size incidents or something like that? They'll eventually cycle through once you play long enough. If not, then go in the editor and delete the events that keep occurring. 

I had this problem with LA Mod. I would just get the same few events every time I played, just in different order.

Strangely enough though, after I modded in my own choice of music and turned music back on in the settings (up until now I played with music off), the game threw new events at me that I hadn't ever seen before.

You could change the base game's soundtrack, but you can also go into each individual mod folder and change the soundtracks for that particular mod. For example, you could have totally different music depending on whether you were playing LA Mod or London Mod. You should be able do this without replacing any of the game's or mod's original files.

Go through Data/Audio/Soundtracks or Mods/YourModNameHere/Audio/Soundtracks. If your mod doesn't have a Soundtracks folder, you can create one. You should see a soundtracks.xml document (if not, you can grab this from the base game's Soundtracks folder), which can be opened and edited in Notepad. The soundtracks.xml document dictates what music is played for each section of the game and in what order.

EXAMPLE:

<soundtrack name="freeplay">		<music id="0" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/background_06.ogg" level="0.0" next="0" />		<music id="1" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_01.ogg" level="0.1" next="0" />		<music id="2" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_02.ogg" level="0.2" next="0" />		<music id="3" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_03.ogg" level="0.3" next="0" />		<music id="4" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_04.ogg" level="0.4" next="0" />		<music id="5" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_05.ogg" level="0.5" next="0" />		<music id="6" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_06.ogg" level="0.6" next="0" />		<music id="7" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_07.ogg" level="0.7" next="0" />		<music id="8" file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/action_short_08.ogg" level="0.8" next="0" />	</soundtrack>

The above is a section in the soundtracks.xml document that controls the music when playing Freeplay mode.

music id="x"

Each music file is identified by the game through a number that you assign. The number can be anywhere from single or double (maybe triple and so on) digits. Because each file is differentiated by an id number, you could list the same file twice (but with different id numbers).

file="mod:Audio/Soundtracks/yourmusicname.ogg"

The file associated with that particular music id. "mod:" means that the game looks for the Audio folder in the current modification. If there isn't a particular music file in your mod's Soundtracks folder, it will instead look for the music file in the base game's Soundtrack folder (i.e. Data/Audio/Soundtracks).

level="x.x"

This value determines when the music is played. "0.0" designates normal background music, which is played when there isn't any emergencies. Anything higher than 0.0 will play when an emergency happens, interrupting the current background music and playing to completion.

next="x"

This determines which music id is played next (the "x" being a particular music id) after the current music is played to completion.