freakinfuzzball

EM4 Immediate Crash to Desktop and odd computer behavior

Hello everyone, I have recently started an extremely alarming and annoying issue.  This week I moved into a new apartment.  Before I left my old place both EM4 and my PC were functioning flawlessly.  But now something has gone very wrong.  I got everything set up just as it was before and booted up, all good I thought.  Then I started EM4, it flashed the black screen like it was starting and then immediately crashed.  This has never happened in the year and a half I've been using the game on this system.  

After this I tried running the game as admin and it worked but all the buttons on the menu displayed their titles as  "Static_freeplay" for example.  Then I went into freeplay and I wasn't able to zoom.  

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening to my game?

On another note, my left Shift key now types a symbol instead of capitalizing letters.  Could these things be a sign of something more concerning? 

Thanks

Sounds like the language folder has been removed or gone corrupt from the EM4/data directory. But I'm not sure what is going on with the left shift though, have you tried to do a system roll back to before you moved or when you last know it was working properly?

Yes I have but when it comes back from the restore it says it didn't work because of a possible block put up by an anti virus software and to turn them off.  Except that I did that already so I don't know what the deal is.

Sounds to me like your restore did not complete correctly, what av do you have?  Chances are you will have to remove the game and ensure the folders are gone from program files, reinstall it, and update your video card drivers since the restore probrably failed.