Spacebuff

some problems importing units to a new mod

G'day All

I am working on BuffCity mod, at the moment I am adding the LA mod units in, and having some trouble.
I have read through the tutorials here and a hard to find e4tut1b.pdf help on adding vehicles.

the quick rundown of e4tut1b.pdf: Use the models and textures from the mod you want to use, add them to your own, then make your own prototypes in your mod. after you spend alot of time building the models back up in the editor, then you change or fix up the freeplaybase.xml (all), portraits.xml, and metastrings.xml, infotexts.xml.
to get the units in the game.

Adding the models from LA to Buff, is not much of a problem, I get the models from the LA mod and put them in to Buff mod, then I make the prototypes using the editor, and making sure I use the same names as the LA mod to avoid scripting problems.
I can get the LA units to show up in BuffCity Mod, all works fine. But the people wont show up, the outline is there but the textures are not, then the games crashes.

Went through the error log, but did not find the problem.
My plan is to have BuffCity Mod as a Submod for LA.