Ello, I have recently been encountering some FPS drops when I encounter lights while playing a modification, is there any settings in the .cfg for the max fps, I have tried fiddling with moviefps but that is for cutscenes? 

If you have any solutions for me, I would greatly appreciate it

Here are my specs: 

Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

A lot of lights in one scene has been known to lag this game, even if you have a pretty decent computer. You could try various things: closing background programmes, lowering graphics settings, reducing the lights yourself in the editor or just turning off some of the unit's lights on scene.

Basically anything you can do to boost performance might help. Lower resolution if you're desperate. Radiation lights in abundance can cause a lot of lag so just cut down on them. It's much more simple though to just turn off some lights if it's too laggy

Also, there should definitely be a way to use the editor somehow. I'm sure there are lots of threads around here that help people to find their 'lost' editors :P