TheOneAndOnly

Changing freeplay maps

I'm currently trying to figure out how to change free play maps I currently find my self spending most of my time on LA mod 2.1 and the London mod but after countless hours of playing on these mods I cant help but get bored with the same old maps I would greatly appreciate if somebody could tell me how to change the free play map? and also I believe there are some downloadable free play maps I would be very grateful if you guys could recommend some for me? Thanks

Changing freeplay maps is not as simple as drag & drop, unless the map was made specifically for LA Mod.

LA Mod comes with two maps, the LA Mod custom map and an LA Mod compatible version of the original freeplay map. Switching between the two maps that come with LA Mod are actually just drag and drop (or use the .bat file located in the mod folder)...but taking the map from another mod and pasting it over your current one is likely to not work fully (No parking at stations, etc). If you use a map, it needs to be explicitly compatible with LA Mod.

There do not exist many different freeplay maps (I can think of 4) that are well establsihed...but only two of them are outright compatible with LA Mod (both come with LA Mod), the others have to be edited to be fully compatible.