Ace

EMT post -> Police

Honestly, being an EMT, I don't like those kinds of posts.

Is EMS underrated? In certain aspects it might be.

But myself, and I'm sure many others don't do what we do to look for recognition or to go "Yeah I save lives, I'm cool." We are not, or at least I am not in it for that. I do it because I enjoy it, and when people look forward to seeing you at what very well may be their worst point in life, it's a good feeling. I don't like to brag about my job or look for attention because of what I do. I get the job done, and if I can make someone's day or help better their quality of life from what it was when I first met them, or even save their life, then I've done my job right. 

But those kinds of posts I'm not a huge fan of, because it makes EMT's and Paramedics just look like a bunch of people looking for attention. If you truly enjoy your work as an EMT, you don't care how the public looks at you as long as you're satisfied with yourself, your work, and doing what you're doing to the best of your ability. 

If you become an EMT expecting attention and "fame", then you're certainly in the wrong line of work. 

As a firefighter / paramedic those posts come off as arrogant to me, and that's not what we see our job as really. The vast majority of firefighters I have worked with like helping people, but the like breaking stuff and playing with fire more, but its not politcally correct to say that to the public lol.