JrFF34

Toms River, NJ (Submod)

nijx.png

Hello guys, I have been thinking about making a sub mod for my local area for the past few weeks and I have finally came to the decision of starting it. I do not know how long this will take me, but I expect to work on it all summer long. If anyone wants to help out, feel free to message me. I could always use a helping hand.

Background:

Toms River, New Jersey is about 52.884 sq. miles and has a population of about 91,239. The township has 6 volunteer fire departments (5 mainland, 1 barrier island). The township also has 5 volunteer first aid squads (3 mainland, 2 barrier island). These first aid squads provide initial BLS until ALS arrives. In Ocean & Monmouth Counites, MONOC is a contracted paramedic service who provides ALS in many towns.

In this mod, I will be focusing on the Northern part of Toms River.

FIRE

• Pleasant Plains Fire Department Sta. 30
  • Silverton Fire Department Sta. 29

EMS

• Pleasant Plains First Aid Squad 33
  • Silverton First Aid Squad 36
  • MONOC Paramedics
  • Toms River Twp. Police EMS

POLICE

• Toms River Twp. Police
  • Ocean County Sheriff
  • New Jersey State Police

I have been hard at work all day on the TRPD Ambulance and it is still not done. I have moved onto skinning the police cruiser. If anyone is interested in helping, I could use a modeler and someone to work on lights. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in helping out.

Looks amazing! One quick question, though, why does your town police run ems, when they have the paramedics?

The paramedics run county wide and also into the county north of us. The Police department provides BLS along with the first aid squads. We refer to them as "Community Service Officers" or CSO's They were brought about because during the day, our first aid squads have a hard time finding a crew to staff a rig so sometimes a BLS ambulance is not available and if you send ALS, then the victim's insurance is billed. Basically, the PD EMS helps cover whenever a squad does not have a rig available. I know that during the day, they stag outside my first aid squad since we do not have a crew. Usually around 6pm or so they cut down to running 1 police ambulance at night because alot of squads will have a crew that rides from 6pm-6am or so...

First Aid & PD are all BLS (EMT-B)...

MONOC Paramedics are the ALS for our area and assist us at most calls unless its minor.

Looks amazing! One quick question, though, why does your town police run ems, when they have the paramedics?

To add on to what was already explained, New Jersey has no municipal paramedics. So volunteer agencies and paid agencies covering either a town or a region cannot do anything ALS. Because of this, the state has 100% ALS coverage through various hospital run EMS agencies. For example Toms River has MONOC coverage as this mod shows, to explain the name MONOC originally (And I guess still does) mean "MONmouth-OCean" because those were at first the only counties they covered, but they're beginning to take over a lot including Union and Essex counties. Atlantic Ambulance runs medics in Morris and Union county, Trinitas Medics in parts of Union and Essex county (Particularly Elizabeth) and UMDNJ medics for Newark, Camden, and other parts of their respective counties. St Clare's in parts of Morris and Sussex counties. I think you've kinda got the idea by now.

It just depends on what company runs the hospitals systems (or the majority of the hospital systems) in the part of state you're in.

To add on to what was already explained, New Jersey has no municipal paramedics. So volunteer agencies and paid agencies covering either a town or a region cannot do anything ALS. Because of this, the state has 100% ALS coverage through various hospital run EMS agencies. For example Toms River has MONOC coverage as this mod shows, to explain the name MONOC originally (And I guess still does) mean "MONmouth-OCean" because those were at first the only counties they covered, but they're beginning to take over a lot including Union and Essex counties. Atlantic Ambulance runs medics in Morris and Union county, Trinitas Medics in parts of Union and Essex county (Particularly Elizabeth) and UMDNJ medics for Newark, Camden, and other parts of their respective counties. St Clare's in parts of Morris and Sussex counties. I think you've kinda got the idea by now.

It just depends on what company runs the hospitals systems (or the majority of the hospital systems) in the part of state you're in.

Thanks for making it more clear for everyone. I always have a hard time explaining it online!