Chris07

Assorted Questions

Sorry for the in flux in questions. I am modding for a clan and want to make some rather advanced additions. Unfortunately EM4's scripting engine is an undocumented nightmare! I hope that you more excperienced modders can help me out:

(Grab a drink, you're in for a long one :P )

1. I wish to add a suicide call to the multiplayer game. Currently the map does not contain any. How do I name the civilian models so that they are tagged as "jumpers" when the event triggers? I have placed them in the appropriate house model. Do they only need to be named a specific way or is there more to it? Does the same go for adding people drowning?

2. I want to create either a train derailment or plane crash mission in multiplayer. The best way I found to do it would be to treat it and set it up like a car crash. How would I add an explosion effect and start fires the moment the event is triggered?

3. If I wanted to create a custom mission, such as a fire alarm mission. How would I begin to script it? In other words, how does one add to the multiplayer mission mechanics? I know it's possible as other mods have done it, but how do you override / add to predefined logic. As with anything scripting related if the underlying mechanics of the game had been documented this whole process would be a WHOLE LOT easier.

Possible alternative:

Create a script that self-executes on game start which sets a timer of random length. When the timer expires, a building model which has been specially named is randomly selected, and an objective added. Another timer is started which is predefined as an objective deadline. If the mission is not completed by the deadline, the objective is failed and an explosion occurs. In order to complete the objective a firefighter has to search the house (using Hoppah's new house searching script) to deactiveate the alarm. After the objective is over, a new random timer is started to repeat the event again. Would this work?

4. How do you make a script self-execute? Utilizing the SetRestrictions() command?

5. When we drop a diver from the USCG helecopter (from LA Mod) in multiplayer, only the game's host can see it. The animation of the drop is visible to all, but the final diver model is not visible anywhere to anyone but the game's host. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for your help!