Officer Jake

Need Help; Lightbars/pushbars

I am making my own personal mod using the LA mod 2.1 and additional units, I have run into a little problem, I would like to change the light bars that is currently on the lapd vehicles and use a clear whelen light bar. But it is part of the vehicle. The same for the push bars they seam to be part of something else. Any help is apreciated. Thanks

Jake

I would like to change the light bars that is currently on the lapd vehicles and use a clear whelen light bar. But it is part of the vehicle.

If the lightbar is part of the vehicle, the only way to edit it is by physically deleting it in Zmodeler or a similar modelling programme.

If the lightbar is a child (something which is attached on to the vehicle in the editor) you simply go to the vehicle in question, edit its parameters by going to edit, then going to Edit Childs, and removing it there.

I do believe the LA mod lightbars, if the original models, are attached to the models themselves though.

Rlast

If the lightbar is part of the vehicle, the only way to edit it is by physically deleting it in Zmodeler or a similar modelling programme.

If the lightbar is a child (something which is attached on to the vehicle in the editor) you simply go to the vehicle in question, edit its parameters by going to edit, then going to Edit Childs, and removing it there.

I do believe the LA mod lightbars, if the original models, are attached to the models themselves though.

Rlast

Thanks ill try it out

How do I Convert the files to be opened

How do I Convert the files to be opened

Each model file will be in a format named .v3o, and these can all be found within the folder:

Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Models\Vehicles\03 LA Police

These files can then be directly imported in to Zmodeler. In terms of editing these files in a different programme, you have numerous options.

1. You can find a programme which reads v3o files, and can import and export them. (Unlikely as Zmodeler is probably the only to do this cleanly)

2. You import the file in to Zmodeler and export as a different file type; .3ds for 3DS Max, for example, or .obj to be used in Wings3D and many other programmes.

3. You find a plugin that'll enable your modelling programme to important v3o; a plugin is simply something you download off the internet which enables a programme to open new file types. It would be akin to allowing Microsoft Word to open excel files by installing a 'plugin' for the excel format.

Rlast

Each model file will be in a format named .v3o, and these can all be found within the folder:

Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Models\Vehicles\03 LA Police

These files can then be directly imported in to Zmodeler. In terms of editing these files in a different programme, you have numerous options.

1. You can find a programme which reads v3o files, and can import and export them. (Unlikely as Zmodeler is probably the only to do this cleanly)

2. You import the file in to Zmodeler and export as a different file type; .3ds for 3DS Max, for example, or .obj to be used in Wings3D and many other programmes.

3. You find a plugin that'll enable your modelling programme to important v3o; a plugin is simply something you download off the internet which enables a programme to open new file types. It would be akin to allowing Microsoft Word to open excel files by installing a 'plugin' for the excel format.

Rlast

I cant figure it out, I just want to add the whelen lightbar (like the one on your signature) on the lapd cv, and chp cruiser and take off the lights on the lapd suv and k9 unit...

If you know, can you copy another unit, like take the slicktop and add another with a different texture?