cnyle

Not a good first day on the job hehe.

I thought I would make a post here about my first day running my crews on the NYmod. I tried to tell it to my wife, but she just didn't understand where I was coming from, so I thought I'd come here to share a laugh or 2. I finally got down the dispatching part with help from a few good members here. My day started out going well, a small fire here, a pick pocket there, but then it started to rain. Soon after the rain began I got a call for a lightening strike that started a fire. I roll out with 2 units to an industrial building. The fire was not too large and after I called in a ladder to help with the higher areas all was under control. No sooner than I was able to load everyone up I get another call for someone setting fires. By the time I get to the scene with police and fire, this guy has almost an entire block up in flames lol. I called every unit I had to fight the blaze, having to add 4 new fire crews to get a handle on things. But wait, the tones go off and now we have a riot starting to form. I didnt do my homework on riots, so I dispatch the riot unit, (I'm sure you all know the proper name for this team), 2 ambulances, and 2 police cruisers. To make a long story short but the time the flames are out on this one, I have about 14 deceased personnel, numerous civilian casualties, and about 10 burned vehicles. I trying to attend to my many injured and hauling off the other deceased when what do I get next? A person placing bombs, man whats been a long day is about to get alot longer lol. Keep in mind I just got the game from auction about a week ago, so I'm still very new to all of this. I try and apprehend the suspect thinking thats what I should do, but guess what, the bombs start to go off one by one. I have all my fire crews back at the riot and the arson fires, I'm now broke and cannot buy any additional engines, so I start calling all my other crews from the scene they are on to what is now more than 2 block of blazing fury across town. I have medical on scene but where are my engines? I see them on my map, but they are not moving, why you ask, hehe. I still have about 20 or so burnt vehicles scattered around my 2 other scenes and none of my fire crews can get out lol. So I did the only thing I knew to do, quit. It was a learning experience for sure, I now know how to better handle the riots, I know not to place my rigs too close to burning buildings also lol. Maybe this might bring a smile to someone's face, maybe everyone who reads this might think I need to find something else to spend my time doing, but I just thought I'd share. I really am having a good time with this game, and you all seem to have a great community here, keep it up! Charles