ChristopherMoyer

Windows 8 Problems

Okay i had the same problem and i had a fix but then its not working anymore...

So the fix is to run notepad as administrator find

<var name="r_xres" value="800" />

<var name="r_yres" value="600" />

in your em4.cfg file and make sure its not the full screen because for some reason windows 8 doesnt like full screen. So just make it lower than full screen and save it and see if you can play.

my problem is that it trys to load up in full screen even if i fix the resolution now so i am going to have to try and find a fix for that. If that doesnt work then i am going have to try and test more things out...The game definitely works with windows 8....

Edit: alright so i got mine working with an uninstall and an install. For you I thinks its this in your log file:

?ERROR: The Vision engine requires support for the ARB_multitexture extension!

Please make sure you have the latest video drivers installed for your 3D card.

And i noticed in your other file that you installed windows 8 onto a mac computer...I dont know if this is true but the game might be searching for a windows graphics card and its coming up short...I dont know how you would fix this or if that is even the problem but its my only guess off of your log file.

Got the same problem.

Just set this two valors

To my screen resolution (1600x900) & it works fine. After that just don't touch the resolution In-game it may do a strange thing (a square of like 200px X 200px)

Okay, i dont really understand what your saying here because i have changed that resolution to full to not full and it doesnt work wither way.

Edit: I literally havent touched my game in days and it started working this is real confusing