stevenew95

Adding a vehicle to game

Well the title pretty much sums it up. I'm trying to figure out how to actually add a vehicle in game to where i can use it. I'm just adding one into the police. Ive already created the model and can see it in the editor. Now i made a new folder in the police and named it "001umarkedsuv" To add all the files i just copied the lapd SUV files into that one then just changes the unit.XML file to the prototype i wanted to use and changed the unit id but it still doesn't show. I'm assuming I'm missing something. I tried to look though the forums but couldn't find anything to actually help me with this.

Do i need to open the freeplaybase.xml and the portraits.xml and add the prototype into there? just copy one of the line and change the stuff?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, i figured all of that out on my own. Just scriptwork :P now one more thing, how do i get the vehicle to use the siren? im assuming again edit the lasiren.script file right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well thanks to anyone who was going to answer but i answered all the questions myself. I fixed all the problems i had. Mostly just script work :P Anyone else that needs help with issue just let me know. I can help you! :)