MI9

Custom Made Maps/ Missions

Hey all!

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend approaching!

I'm slowly getting to grips with the Emergency 4 Editor map, which I am totally amazed to how awesome it is!

Though two small questions!

I managed to save the map, but can't seem to find it when I start the game so that I can actually play it. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or something needs to be done so that it shows up In-Game?

Second: Anyway that I can create a map and probably a mission so that I can upload it to this site?

I would like to contribute to the forum once I get to grips with the editor and stuff.

If you're editing a map, and want to use it as a freeplay map, make sure you save the map over the freeplay in the editor.

But always make sure you backup the files from the em4 folder on your computer (anything that is freeplay...)

If you want to make you're own maps, you'll need something like paintshop to actually create the ground texture. Or start by downloading the map textures from the download section on this site and editing them to your liking.

post-370-0-19668600-1353092933.jpg

Thanks Scrivs! You're a star!

I managed to save over the files etc, but when I save a new file name, for example, "Map 2a", or something like that, the map does not show up when I try to play it.

Is it saved somewhere else? Or do I need to do something to the map for it to show up in Game?