heyjoojoo

Does anyone know how to add a camera to a person and make it stay?

I know how to edit in the Editor and then click on the 'properties' button. Select the 'holdcamera'. Go to 'traits', and then select 'TVcamera'. Click Okay.

Is that all I need to do? Or do I need to change settings someplace else? It doesn;t seem to save it because the person appears to be at "idle" every time I'm in the Editor or in the game. I just want the guy to hold the camera.

- running the editor with admin rights

- trying to copy the prototype/or create a new one with that person model and try again

- editing traits via "edit" dialogue in the "scene"-window so that the person model will have that animation as standard

- trying by editing "placement" parameters and "loop" the animation if needed"

that's all i can imagine, something might work if you're doing everything else right :/

- running the editor with admin rights

- trying to copy the prototype/or create a new one with that person model and try again

- editing traits via "edit" dialogue in the "scene"-window so that the person model will have that animation as standard

- trying by editing "placement" parameters and "loop" the animation if needed"

that's all i can imagine, something might work if you're doing everything else right :/

Awesome yet again. Rettungstier! I'll report back later...

got one more idea!

did you create a new person prototype for this one or did you just copy an existing one?

if it's a completely new prototype...

.... select a random civil person and open the "edit" dialogue with the button on the right

.... check out which boxes at the bottom are checked (with X or dot) and which are unchecked

should be things like "lights", "traits", "general" etc

.... check out the traits via "edit traits"

-> edit your own prototype by adjusting these selections

if that doesn't work i have no f***** idea what you're doin wrong :P

oh and for the original LA mod cameraguy check out the mission map from the mission where he appears!

maybe that'll help ;)

greetz

rett

got one more idea!

did you create a new person prototype for this one or did you just copy an existing one?

if it's a completely new prototype...

.... select a random civil person and open the "edit" dialogue with the button on the right

.... check out which boxes at the bottom are checked (with X or dot) and which are unchecked

should be things like "lights", "traits", "general" etc

.... check out the traits via "edit traits"

-> edit your own prototype by adjusting these selections

if that doesn't work i have no f***** idea what you're doin wrong :P

oh and for the original LA mod cameraguy check out the mission map from the mission where he appears!

maybe that'll help ;)

greetz

rett

Yeah, I checked all of that too. I appreciate you trying to help. Even if I add the camera using the 'child' setting, it doesnt show while you're in editor. I wonder if I have to play the game or make other changes in script? Seems that I shouldnt need to do any script edits though... :huh:

I'm not sure why the others are so silent on suggestions. Maybe the Hoppah is not visiting these forums anymore?

alright buddy, here we go!

i did the following:

- got my own modification that's based on LA mod

- loaded it up in the editor

- loaded up the freeplay map

- selected "edit" - "scene" - "persons" - "civil"

- selected a random standard civil person and placed it on the map

- with the person still selected (green frame) i klicked on "properties" down in the taskbar

- klicked on "edit traits" - "equipment" and selected the TVcamera -> klicked ok

- still in properties window i searched the "holdcam" animation in the menu on the left

- selected the animation and klicked ok (properties window closes)

and....

surprise!!!

got the guy holding the cam with the right animation.

then...

- i saved the freeplay map

- closed down the editor

- loaded up the game with my mod

- loaded up the freeplay map and...

he's in game too!!!!

soooo, the bottom line would be:

save all your edited/mod files, de- and reinstall emergency 4

i can't imagine any script error etc if you didn't mess up any of those files till now and would suggest that you got an incorrect installed emergency 4 version.

if you reinstall, make sure you made backup copies of all your mod stuff!

greetz

i did the following:

- with the person still selected (green frame) i klicked on "properties" down in the taskbar

- klicked on "edit traits" - "equipment" and selected the TVcamera -> klicked ok

- still in properties window i searched the "holdcam" animation in the menu on the left

and....

surprise!!!

then...

- closed down the editor

he's in game too!!!!

i can't imagine any script error etc if you didn't mess up any of those files till now and would suggest that you got an incorrect installed emergency 4 version.

greetz

What would be the best way to backup? Just save my Mod folder?

yeah, you could either copy your whole mods folder or just the single modification folders if you don't want to keep all off them.

if you are working on a submod - lets say for LA mod - and you've only edited some skins till now it would be enough to just save the models folder.

but to make sure you don't forget anything backup your whole mods folder ;)

yeah, you could either copy your whole mods folder or just the single modification folders if you don't want to keep all off them.

if you are working on a submod - lets say for LA mod - and you've only edited some skins till now it would be enough to just save the models folder.

but to make sure you don't forget anything backup your whole mods folder ;)

I'll try that tonight.

i did the following:

and....

surprise!!!

then...

- closed down the editor

he's in game too!!!!

greetz

Yeah, I followed those steps and while in the Editor, I got the cameraman to hold the camera. So that's cool but for some reason when I start the game, he's just standing there without a camera. Maybe I'm not saving the map to the correct location? When you "save the map", where do I save it? Because I thought it autosaved whenever I exited the Editor.

that depends...

the folder is Emergency/Mods/YourMod/Maps

when you're working on your map save it via Map/Save Map and the correct folder should appear (there should be several freeplay and mission map files already).

if it ain't the correct folder, search it with the folder menu on the right.

if you want to update/replace the freeplay map, select the current "freeplay.e4m" file that is displayed.

there might be 2 freeplay files (and 2 for deluxefreeplay too). if that's the case always select and overwrite the top one.

aaaand finally...

if you want all your work to be saved automatically from time to time you have to activate the "autosave" option in the editors taskbar - standard should be activated.

that's about it! oh yeah and freeplay maps MUST be saved as "freeplay.e4m", every other file name is either scripted or hardcoded ;)

that depends...

when you're working on your map save it via Map/Save Map and the correct folder should appear (there should be several freeplay and mission map files already).

if you want to update/replace the freeplay map, select the current "freeplay.e4m" file that is displayed.

there might be 2 freeplay files (and 2 for deluxefreeplay too). if that's the case always select and overwrite the top one.

aaaand finally...

if you want all your work to be saved automatically from time to time you have to activate the "autosave" option in the editors taskbar - standard should be activated.

that's about it! oh yeah and freeplay maps MUST be saved as "freeplay.e4m", every other file name is either scripted or hardcoded ;)

Yeah, "autosave" was enabled. So I guess I don't have to do those extra steps.

Yeah, "autosave" was enabled. So I guess I don't have to do those extra steps.

that depends...

aaaand finally...

i did the following:

and....

surprise!!!

then...

- closed down the editor

he's in game too!!!!

greetz

What was the name of that person that holds the camera? I cant seem to find him. I was going to clone him.

oh i tried it with a random civil person AND with the actual pre-skinned camera guy.

he is in persons/civil/, name is something with "press"

So when you started the game, was they person holding the camera? or did you have to make him get the camera first?

So when you started the game, was they person holding the camera? or did you have to make him get the camera first?

no no, he was holding it in hands with the correct animation of course!

since it was a civil person i didn't have any controls over him in the game so where should i have gotten a camera from!? ;)

no no, he was holding it in hands with the correct animation of course!

since it was a civil person i didn't have any controls over him in the game so where should i have gotten a camera from!? ;)

Oh, so there is no way to make a person that I can control to hold a camera?

Oh, so there is no way to make a person that I can control to hold a camera?

well, if you would copy the prototype and make the person "controlable" by adding commands to it i think it should work.

but maybe you would need a script that creates a new "hold camera" command.

else he is holding the camera just as long as you don't send him anywhere cause then the animation would be changed to "run", etc..