Whooot

Add new speech to units?

Hi guys.

I've tried to search for this issue here, but can't seem to find any topic of it.

My problem is that recently it was released a Norwegian Mod. (cred to its developers) Well, infact just so it's completly clear, that is not the problem. It is is awesome.

But just to get the right experience I thought I might wanna add a Norwegian speech to the characters, infact all of the units. Now I have created mp3.files containing the exact same respond as the original, only in Norwegian. Even though it's not professionally made, I would love to get that kind of realism.

In the LA.mod file, I took all the mp3.files out and created my own ones. These are the exact same lenght and size as the original one. ( simply because I'm a newbiee, and didn't know if it should matter) Anyways, I copied the txt.files into my own folder (named exactly the same) and moved these over to the original folders of " man, woman and radio" files in LA.mod.

And guess what...

When starting the game, there's a very pleasent silence. Not everything, only the speech. The original guy telling me about the missions is still there, cause I haven't F#¤&% with him, but all units now work in stealth mode... :stupid:

Any ideas? Can it be done? :WTF:

Thanks for quick feedback. I did copy everything to its originals. Meaning, I named the mp3.files exactly as named in original folder. for example: " ACTION01". And at the bottom of each folder there was a txt. document with a 0 byte value. And when opening the txt.file it had nothing. The file was only a name, like "rabbid gamma" and so on. SO I copied these to my own folders, to make sure that every step of the "mod" was going as planned. And all I did was cut and paste the new ones into the old ones... I did most surely not delete the original folders, so by taking these back to its original files, everything went back to normal.

Either way, it would be so cool to try it out, but it was after all just for fun. Might check this one out a bit deeper. Thx :)

Hmm, thats interesting. only thing i could think of is that the mp3 files werent loud enough or something. Because if they were names the same then it should play. Im going to go look at the mp3 files in mine and see if i can come up with anything for you.

Thanks alot,man. I'll do some research on my own, but I'm not THAT good at this :P

Hi, thanks alot for looking at this for me. I am at it again, recording new samples. I will leave a feedback on it as soon as I figure it out. But I totally agree that the there is a sound issue here. Because my recordings was muted compared to the original ones. But, again. Thanks alot.

Okay. For everyone that wants to try this out in their only language or style. The reason why it didn't work out for me the first time, was because of a slight misunderstanding. Stevenew95 was right when it came to volume. Make sure you use a high input on your microphone. And the most essential thing would be to record in the right type of "file". In this case its in .wav and NOT .mp3. If you wonder where to do so, download Audacity for free on the web, and you're set to make your very own unit speech.You also have to name the files exactly the same, so that the scripts understand what to choose, the length doesn't seem to be a problem... And even though it is my own voice in every recording, Audacity allows you to change the tone so that you can make your voice sound like a female, or a deep male voice. Very neet! <<<<<<< Thanks to Stevenew95 for getting me on track >>>>>>>>> I now have a completly norwegian speaking staff :P

Okay. For everyone that wants to try this out in their only language or style. The reason why it didn't work out for me the first time, was because of a slight misunderstanding. Stevenew95 was right when it came to volume. Make sure you use a high input on your microphone. And the most essential thing would be to record in the right type of "file". In this case its in .wav and NOT .mp3. If you wonder where to do so, download Audacity for free on the web, and you're set to make your very own unit speech.You also have to name the files exactly the same, so that the scripts understand what to choose, the length doesn't seem to be a problem... And even though it is my own voice in every recording, Audacity allows you to change the tone so that you can make your voice sound like a female, or a deep male voice. Very neet! <<<<<<< Thanks to Stevenew95 for getting me on track >>>>>>>>> I now have a completly norwegian speaking staff :P

Your welcome! :) im glad i could help you resolve all that. :)