EmergencyP0N-3

What's the point of Facebook anymore?

I heard this on the local radio station here,and the topic was that Facebook isn't the number 1 social media anymore.

I personally don't use Facebook for good reasons

-Updating every hour is really annoying to see

-Friends liking random pages they don't even know

-Do people need to know what's going on?!? :WTF:

-and most of all,the random 'Relationship' status updates...

I find Facebook really annoying and usless :tongue2:

I avoid any contact with facebook at any costs. Facebook in my opinion is just a data-mining leech that collects too much personal information and then ABUSES it. (Never mind what they say about how they use it).

Facebook invades privacy, collects data and gives/sells it to people that I dont want to supply with my personal information. All the rest such as the social part and games and features are just a front-cover decoration for their data collections, as well as an extra income. (How can someone pay real money to buy freakin pigs on a virtual farm????!@!!?!?)

There is absolutely 0 privacy on facebook... and privacy has never been as important on the Internet as today in this world.

I don't even want to know how deep the GOV has their claws inside facebook.

My opinion... stay away from facebook if you value your privacy.

The only advantage I can see from facebook at this moment is if you are a business and want to advertise your business. Its a good way to spread the word about your business on the internet. But NOT because its facebook, but because its a site that has a large amount of users. Advertising a business on ANY site with a LARGE amount of users is helpful.

Just my 2 cents.

I like it and use it to stay connected with distant friends or family. Especially friends from school who by now have all gone separate ways and are getting married and all that, it's cool to see what's going on now. I personally don't use it much, I don't play games or post much anymore. The few times I end in posts is people tagging me in pictures or statuses or check ins or whatever.

I like the concept of Facebook. I like using it, as I said, to stay connected with people I don't really see anymore.