Zach1019

LAPD Animal Control

There are a lot of calls for an animal attacking a person in LA Mod So I think that there should be an animal control vehicle and an animal control officer that could take the dog instead of shooting it an taking up the police officers time!

There are a lot of calls for an animal attacking a person in LA Mod So I think that there should be an animal control vehicle and an animal control officer that could take the dog instead of shooting it an taking up the police officers time!

Stop with the posts half of them should be in alterations

In reality there's never enough units to be availible for an emergency call for a Dog attack. Usually the PD gets there first or the Medic. So really sense there is the lev & hes, you really don't need both. So why not covert one of them. As I did making the hes into the tech unit. So think about this because there is only one type of Dog attacks and there is nothing else that requirs an Animal Control Unit. If there is a way to catch the strays like cats & dogs than I say go for it. I hope I helped your decision and best of luck.

ok. I want to make this Animal Control Vehicle thing. I want to make it so the animal control units can case animal like a police car can chase cars with the case command. How do I make it to where the animal control units can chase any animal on the street if you click on it? Then when the animal control officer gets out of his vehicle he would chase the animal and basically arrest it...Then the officer could put the animal in his vehicle and take it to the animal shelter. The animal control unit could also pick up any dead animal and take it back to the shelter. Can anyone give me any tips or help with this?

Let me know what you think about it?

I feel the same about shooting the dog but, in reality the animal control has never been quick enough to get there before the dog takes someone down. Its the human that is the victim and so the dog gets put down. You would have to have the following scripts that now don't exist. 1. "Animal Follow" 2. "Animal Arrest" 3. "Animal Transport". The vehicle can have multiple amount of animals till they get to the shelter. I would make a vehicle that looks like the LEV. Already the Bomb Squad was made with the HES unit. You would go to edit and edit each animal. The dog that gets shot down to make it not disappear.

I bet you watch "Animal Cops". I like that show as well. Its got you motivated.

All right I will start on it. How do I change the menu layout placement for it. So I am reskining the LEV to be an Animal Control Unit I need to change it from the Fire Department Layout menu to the Police Department Menu. How do I do that?

Right now just have your dds converter to make your dds produce a PNG file. Than take that file out of the Mod so you wont mess up. Then go ahead and reskin the vehicle to a Animal Control Vehicle. After you finish with that than wait for someone to help you with the scripting. You could copy all the LEV Model, prototypes, and unit files and then rename them to Animal Control. This way you will have some of the work done already. Make a folder name Animal Control. Than inside that than take 3 empty folders and name them Models, Prototype, and Unit. Then put the LEV folders in there folders and than rename them Animal Control. Example: Animal_Control.dds, Animal_control.v30 and so on and so on. Than inside the unit file you change the name as well. You can take the Border Patrol officer and script them as the Animal control and wow you can use there Border patrol as Animal Police. LOL

Right now just have your dds converter to make your dds produce a PNG file. Than take that file out of the Mod so you wont mess up. Then go ahead and reskin the vehicle to a Animal Control Vehicle. After you finish with that than wait for someone to help you with the scripting. You could copy all the LEV Model, prototypes, and unit files and then rename them to Animal Control. This way you will have some of the work done already. Make a folder name Animal Control. Than inside that than take 3 empty folders and name them Models, Prototype, and Unit. Then put the LEV folders in there folders and than rename them Animal Control. Example: Animal_Control.dds, Animal_control.v30 and so on and so on. Than inside the unit file you change the name as well. You can take the Border Patrol officer and script them as the Animal control and wow you can use there Border patrol as Animal Police. LOL

Thanks for the help Cosreski! I appreciate it.I am going to go ahead and start the skins on the Animal Control Unit. :D