ironcitycats

Help with copying a Virtual Object

I'm working with LA Mod 2.0 4x4 and some personal changes.

Right now I'm in the editor and trying to see if it's possible to copy a Virtual Object, in particular a VO for EMS unit parking spot. When I bring up the VO menu, I see there is a clone button. So I picked the VO that I want to copy and hit clone. It makes a new VO, but places it in the same exact spot as the original. This is fine, but I also can't figure out how to move the VO now. If you hit the move button on the VO menu, it just allows you to move the points of the VO around.

Anyone know of a way to be able to just move the whole entire VO around the map?

Also if anyone knows about Virtual Objects, do they have to all be perfectly rectangular? I've been finding it hard to make a VO with 90 degree angles and didn't know if that was even important. For instance if a unit that uses a particular VO is actually larger than the VO, what would happen?

Thanks to anyone that might be able to help.

Hey Wkboy714, I'm in the editor now and that just rotates the VO. I tried using RMB and LMB in different combinations while holding CTRL or ALT or SHIFT and I still couldn't get it to move the entire VO.

I downloaded the Editor Manual from the forum, but it doesn't say either. It does tell you how to move prototypes, but not VOs.

There's got to be a way to do it, I would think?

Okay, I've tried it myself and found this is how:

Step 1: Click Virtual Objects in the Edit menu

2: In the Polygon window, select "Move"

3: Drag a box around all corners of the VO to highlight them

You can then drag the VO around with your mouse :)