ArmyChipmunk

Computer Choices

Hi everybody, Im looking into getting a new laptop, and I was just wondering if you guys could tell me if the graphics on these computers would be enough to run the game smoothly.

2 of my choices are an HP Pavilion DV5-1235DX & HP 2000-299WM, both have only an Intel GMA 4500MHD, I doubt these will work, but you all will know better then me.

1 Choice is a Dell Vostro 3750 which has Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. I doubt this one as well.

1 choice is an HP 6910p. Im not sure whic set of graphics it has (integrated or discrete), so I have the specs for both.

Models with discrete graphics:

ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 graphics with 64 or 128 MB dedicated video memory

(256 MB HyperMemory*)

Models with integrated graphics:

Mobile Intel GMA X3100 graphics with up to 384 MB shared system memory

Microsoft DirectX9 capable

*Indicates dedicated video memory and shared system memory. Either 64MB or 128MB dedicated video

memory, depending on model.

And finally, an HP Elitebook 6930p (Personal Favorite). I do not know which set of graphics it has (Integrated or discrete), so I have the specs on both again.

Models with discrete graphics:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 with 128 MB or 256 MB dedicated video memory

Microsoft DirectX 10.1 (Shader 4.1) and OpenGL 2.1 capable

Models with integrated graphics:

Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Microsoft DirectX 10 (Shader 4.0) and OpenGL 2.0 capable

If you guys could tell me if any of these graphics will work, I would be more than appreciative. Also, I understand that with a PCI slot, you most of the time can add a graphics card to a laptop. If none of these base graphics will work, can you all tell me if any of these have a PCI slot that will take a dedicated graphics card? I would love the help, and Im really trying to have my situation sorted out by tomorrow if possible. One last thing... If it does have a PCI Slot, and I have to purchase another graphics card, which one would you recommend? Thank you ahead of time. :happy:

I prefer Dell over HP, but I also prefer to build your own rather than buy a pre-spec model. Intel graphics won't do much for you, spec your own an get a good card such as nvidia or one of the other big names and a large amount of ram.

Yeah, I would love to build my own, but I dont have the time or much money at the moment. And Ive always went with NIVIDA, myself, I just wasnt sure if there was a better, or more specific graphics card for laptops. Im more of a desktop person when it comes to hardware, but I understand and can work pretty much all software on anything.

[NEW]

So, I checked out a website called game-dabate.com, and they have this system that you input your system specs, and they tell you if you'll be able to run any game you want for PC. I tried the HP Eiltebook 6930p, and it said that with base integrated graphics(Intel GMA 4500MHD), 3MB Ram, and the 2.53GHz Processor, that it would run 911 First Responders on High Settings. A friend of mine said he has used it, and he said its as accurate as you can get. Does anyone know if that would be true. That is the laptop I'm looking at getting.

Here is the link to that site(With 911 FR the topic in choice).

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2361&game=911:%20First%20Responders

Here is the manual for the HP Elitebook 6930p. It has the Intel Core2Duo 2.53GHz Processor, 4GB Ram, Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13061_na/13061_na.pdf