chrisblaalid

Scripter needed - Desperate Times, desperate measures..

Hello,

To make a long story short.. We need a scripter to join the Norway Mod team..

Why?

Well we are making a brand new map, and we need to set up a commandcenter start script.. And calling scripts..

So if you know how to script, please contact us for further details..

Regards,

chrisblaalid

Norway Mod Chief

Hello,

To make a long story short.. We need a scripter to join the Norway Mod team..

Why?

Well we are making a brand new map, and we need to set up a commandcenter start script.. And calling scripts..

So if you know how to script, please contact us for further details..

Regards,

chrisblaalid

Norway Mod Chief

Well i can change scripts like alarm scripts, but tell me exactly what kind of scripts and what does it need to do when you click the button?

Basicly, we want a combined version of LA Mod, ERS Berlin and Aarhus Mod.

We want the vehicles to spawn on certaint locations at freeplay start.

We want the possibility to send them out on a mission, and then "return to base" them.

We want to have one commandcenter where FireDispatch, MedicalDispatch and Police Dispatch will be able to send out units that are parked at the garage/is standby/patroling.

We want to have a personmodel run to the locker and change in to the requested uniform/clothing that are required. (SCBA, Bombsuit etc etc)

We want the gates to be opened manually one by one from the commandcenter or when the commandcenter sends out a unit for a mission. When the gate is closed, we want it to block vehicles.

That's the start.

If this sounds simple, please let me know. There is more..

Here are also some pictures to "describe" the go to and placement..

scripttelling5.jpg

scripttelling4.jpg

scripttelling3.jpg

scripttelling2.jpg

scripttelling1.jpg

Please also take time to comment your oppinion ;)

It shouldn't be too hard to take Hoppah's scripts to make vehicles spawn and return to base...Opening the doors is easy too, but i don't understand manually opening the doors from the dispatch center if the vehicle isn't being dispatched.That's a lot of scripting for very little effect. Most of the the things you described aren't horribly difficult to do by editing Hoppah's scripts, but they'll take a long time to do. Would the dispatch scripts just alarm the crew for units or alarm the crew and send them to a specific location?

It shouldn't be too hard to take Hoppah's scripts to make vehicles spawn and return to base...Opening the doors is easy too, but i don't understand manually opening the doors from the dispatch center if the vehicle isn't being dispatched.That's a lot of scripting for very little effect. Most of the the things you described aren't horribly difficult to do by editing Hoppah's scripts, but they'll take a long time to do. Would the dispatch scripts just alarm the crew for units or alarm the crew and send them to a specific location?

What I ment with manually opening the doors were if you wanted to send the vehicle on patrol or something...

So it would be through the dispatch commands then, not the a separate command? That makes sense and is less tedious.

yes... or just go for hoppah's version... that all gates open when the alarm starts... and with the console we can close them if we want...