Guest MexicoCityMod2012

re-texturing DDS

Guest MexicoCityMod2012

Weird problem. I'm trying to open DDS files within the Los Angeles mod but with every program I try to use it with every program can't open it. Any solution?

EDIT: To be a bit more clearer, I'll specify my problem. When I use Paint.NET to open Los Angeles Mod Files, they always fail to open. I get an "there was an unspecified error blah blah blah" error message every time I try to open a Los Angeles Mod file, but whenever I try to open a file from another mod or the original game, Paint.NET can open the texture. Why is this? Is there some sort of protection in the Los Angeles Mod?

Weird problem. I'm trying to open DDS files within the Los Angeles mod but with every program I try to use it with every program can't open it. Any solution?

EDIT: To be a bit more clearer, I'll specify my problem. When I use Paint.NET to open Los Angeles Mod Files, they always fail to open. I get an "there was an unspecified error blah blah blah" error message every time I try to open a Los Angeles Mod file, but whenever I try to open a file from another mod or the original game, Paint.NET can open the texture. Why is this? Is there some sort of protection in the Los Angeles Mod?

You have to unpack the dds files, read about it in the link eggcarton sent you ;)