I just bought 911 - First Responders from the Atari website, downloaded it, and downloaded the LA Mod and tried installing it, and it gives this error:

Setup could not find a valid instillation of Emergency 4 or 911 - First Responders and is unable to find a location to install the mod!

I cant figure out what to do...

I have the system requirements for the game, installed the direct X9, and updated ALL of my computers drivers, and the game loads and runs quickly, yet(the other problem), When I go to play just the normal game(campaign or freeplay), the screen is black. I can see the white lines on the road, and I can see the details pysically on the road(ie. painted on speed limits, stop lines, ect...) and I can see the control panel/HUD(dispatch board, video messages, objectibe board), but none of the rest of the terrain, buildings, people, vehicles, anything... I am completely new ro computer gaming and I cant figure out what the problem is. I need a serious inclination to help. I have wanted to play the mod forever, and now I cant even play the game. If I could get could get a complete step by step help process, I would appriciate it. This seriously is annoying. I have been trying for hours, and nothing... I have searched the forums, and nothing. Its going to be the death of me.

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt