heyjoojoo

Where can I find a Zmodeler Tutorial? All links here appear to be dead...

I've searched the forums for Zmodeler Tutorials and can't seem to locate any where the links have been updated. Anyone know of any? I'm trying to remove a lightbar (since I can't find any separate lightbars.) from a vehicle.

Kareem

Ah yeah, Well you can check various videos on Youtube like

and

I don't know if linking here is allowed or not, so if it's not please forgive me.

Anyhow, There are some of the videos which can be pretty good.

Ah yeah, Well you can check various videos on Youtube like

and

I don't know if linking here is allowed or not, so if it's not please forgive me.

Anyhow, There are some of the videos which can be pretty good.

Thanks Tarek. I saw those too. I didn't like how they had no audio explaining what was happening. There are a lot of good video tutorials on Youtube but there are quite a few that are not so good because of video quality, no audio, or ineffective explanations. Here's a good vid I found today that may work for me:

You More than welcome.

It's true though there aren't any that good enough video on zmodeler, but I guess you must try and fiddle until you figure out things, When i first started using zmodeler I would redo the model 4 to 6 times before I get the quality I need until I finally find what i'm looking for, First model ever I did, I had to redo pretty much all of it, by time you do the model only one time in a few hours and you're done.

Experience and getting used to it is very important :)

Good luck in learning though :)

You More than welcome.

It's true though there aren't any that good enough video on zmodeler, but I guess you must try and fiddle until you figure out things, When i first started using zmodeler I would redo the model 4 to 6 times before I get the quality I need until I finally find what i'm looking for, First model ever I did, I had to redo pretty much all of it, by time you do the model only one time in a few hours and you're done.

Experience and getting used to it is very important :)

Good luck in learning though :)

Hey Tarek, I appreciate your pleasant help and responses. I'm totally new to Zmodeler. All I want to do is make a lightbar which is basically a rectangular shape. Even that is hard to do. Let me ask you a question though. I've seen how people will add a background picture of what they're building to Zmodeler. Is this only to help them draw their model or is it used in the 3D object?

Hey Tarek, I appreciate your pleasant help and responses. I'm totally new to Zmodeler. All I want to do is make a lightbar which is basically a rectangular shape. Even that is hard to do. Let me ask you a question though. I've seen how people will add a background picture of what they're building to Zmodeler. Is this only to help them draw their model or is it used in the 3D object?

Hey Kareem,

Yes adding a background does help a LOT! It's as if you have a small picture with outlines and you fill in the colours with crayons when we were small. You add background images to the views to set your outlines and shapes of your model, For example take this model i'm working on now.

o0ituqnspwcrt5g7bznb.jpg

I've used the background images to help me set the outlines of the car, otherwise it'll be pretty impossible to create and even if it did, it'll take for ages. Using the background images helps us to decide when to stop,expand, connect, create and see how our model is doing. Imagine for example building something out of your vivid memory which can't be at all accurate.

If there are any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer :)

Have fun ;)

Tarek

Hey Kareem,

Yes adding a background does help a LOT! It's as if you have a small picture with outlines and you fill in the colours with crayons when we were small. You add background images to the views to set your outlines and shapes of your model, For example take this model i'm working on now.

o0ituqnspwcrt5g7bznb.jpg

I've used the background images to help me set the outlines of the car, otherwise it'll be pretty impossible to create and even if it did, it'll take for ages. Using the background images helps us to decide when to stop,expand, connect, create and see how our model is doing. Imagine for example building something out of your vivid memory which can't be at all accurate.

If there are any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer :)

Have fun ;)

Tarek

Oh, I see now. So once you've finished drawing your object, do you add colors next? I created a lightbar and it looks like fine given that it's only a rectangular shape. I havent added colors or anything else. But now I do want to add the colors. How do I do that?

post-5940-0-55244300-1304922114_thumb.jp

Oh, I see now. So once you've finished drawing your object, do you add colors next? I created a lightbar and it looks like fine given that it's only a rectangular shape. I havent added colors or anything else. But now I do want to add the colors. How do I do that?

I attached my screen of my lightbar; maybe you could tell me what I need to do next?

post-5940-0-76736100-1304971580_thumb.jp

I attached my screen of my lightbar; maybe you could tell me what I need to do next?

Well, yes now you need to UV Map your object, which is basically taking that image and putting on the object it self.

I'm not sure I'm able to tell you how to UV map it's a bit annoying, I'd suggest you watch other videos which can be much easier than the essays i'll be writing here :)

Well, yes now you need to UV Map your object, which is basically taking that image and putting on the object it self.

I'm not sure I'm able to tell you how to UV map it's a bit annoying, I'd suggest you watch other videos which can be much easier than the essays i'll be writing here :)

Great point. You did, however say a key word. UV Mapping. I saw that on a video last night. While I'm still a ways off from knowing how to do this, I'm still picking bits and pieces of key words out of everyone's videos and explanations. Kind a helps me at this point...