Xandarb

(Desktop) Shortcut to several targets?

Hello!

So. What i want to do is to make a shortcut on my desktop leading to several targets. Let's say I want to open Mozilla Firefox AND Spotify (this is a example lol) at the same time, with only one mouse click. Is this possible to do this? If yes, then how to do it?

I use Microsoft XP.

Thanks!

Ah, okay, that sounds like a good idea. I'll google that one. Thanks!

i did this earlier this year to run a screenshot program and a game at the same time

this is what i used to run the 2 programs at the same time:

open notepad, then enter the code below(with the location of the programs you want to use instead of my programs)

start "" "C:\Users\Seluryar\Documents\snapper.exe"
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe"

then save the file, then rename the extension to .bat

if you want to go even further like giving it an icon, i found a bat to exe converter

but where i put in the location of the programs i used, i started snapper first, then flight sim will load up right after.

i previewed this post before creating it to see if the code would work the way i wanted it to, you will not have to change the color of the text within notepad

but it might be different for your operating system, i am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Thank you very much! This is what i love about forums, there is always pros that know stuff so you don't have to learn it yourself. =D

Thank you!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: It works! Thank you CAK757!

So now i just have to come up with something that makes sense. Spotyfox doesn't make any =D (shortcut for Spotify & Firefox)

Edited by Xandarb