groovybluedog

A few questions... (Parking Spaces, Commands, Scripts)

Hello All,

I am a big customizer. I like to change things around. In the EM4 editor, I have been playing around with items on the map. I've been duplicating and adding those yellow hydrant things all over the city so cops can use them, (I have added hoses to cop cars) and have duplicated those red things at the fire station that act as a trailer and contain all the equipment. However, I have came across some stuff I simply cannot do.

1) I wish to remove/edit the car parking spaces at some places, and I cannot figure out how to do this.

2) It is possible to simply make something hold an object without adding commands? (For example, Give every hydrant a fire hose)

3) I wish to change the items used in vehicles that are not in the XML's or Traits (such as riot shields and guns). I got told these were in a script. What script are these in? Looked in every file or script that has a relation to weapons, guns, or vehicles.

Thats all for now. If anyone knows any of them, please alert me to them. Any help is deeply appriciated.

Thanks,

-Groovy

The equipment LA Mod puts into the vehicles, such as the guns, shields, barricades, cones and flares, are not in the XML and are apparently in a script, but I cannot find it.

Also, I know for editing default base game equipment I need to edit the XML file, which I can do fine, but I need to update the traits in the editor. I edit the traits, and click okay. What do I need to do next? Is the click on "OK" going to save the item? or do I save the map? (I'm not going to try it without confirmation as it may wipe the map and replace it with nothing except a vehicle in the middle)

:WTF:

No no no.. To add equipment to the vehicles you have to do that in the actual editor. Go in your EM4 editor and edit the vehicle properties. When you do that and save it the unit.xml should automatically be updated.