Guest DaJonkel

Noob question:

Guest DaJonkel

I'm getting a bit confused on how I'm supposed to use calling in more units. Am I supposed to drive the battalion chief somewhere first and then use him to dispatch units? Or is it entirely up to the player whether to use the chief, manual selection for in firestation units, calling offmap units, ect. What I'm basically asking is if someone could explain to me how to effectivly use the LA mod tools. I understand how it works from the manual and fiddling with it in game. But how do I make proper use of it and not let the mods features go to waste. Do I make battalion chiefs and EMS supervisors patrol the city so they are first to the scene?

And how do I make them call in the right people for the job? Like when I need the patrol car with my negotiator to come?

I understand so far: you got the chief which can call in all the units already on the freeplay map when you start it.

Now I understand you can also add all kinds of cars to the police station. (but it's maxed at three I think?), and make others patrol, and put them on standby. But everything that's not able to be called by the Battalion chief or EMS supervisor will be called in, and leave the map again, like "normal"? I mean engineers to fix boxes, heavy duty lifting, wreck removal, ect? And that's how it supposed to work?

I hope that made any sense, I really appreciate any information on how to properly play the features of the LA mod.

i personally call in the battalion chief with my first wave of tucks then use him to call any additional units

also if call ems guy with the first wave of stuff i send

if you call them in first then use them to call in the first trucks then, the fire or whatever situation you have would have escalated get your units there as fast as possible

the sub-mod adds a fire dept crane to station 1, as well as a lot of other units, but you have to manually call it in like you do for any other needed units you have to call them in from off the map

also if you want more stuff parked at the stations id recommend 4x4's sub-mod found HERE