JohnRichards

Emergency 3

Hi,

I just got this game, I got 3 as I didnt realise there was a 4. It installed fine, when I open it, it plays the intro movie with the fire engines coming out the depo. then I get - Em3.eve has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for any inconvenience.

I am on windows xp but not very technical with pc`s. Ive tried a few things ive read from various forums but nothing has worked. Emergency 4 is in the post and I dont want this to do the same.

Please can someone help :)

Thankyou

John

Hi,

I just got this game, I got 3 as I didnt realise there was a 4. It installed fine, when I open it, it plays the intro movie with the fire engines coming out the depo. then I get - Em3.eve has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for any inconvenience.

I am on windows xp but not very technical with pc`s. Ive tried a few things ive read from various forums but nothing has worked. Emergency 4 is in the post and I dont want this to do the same.

Please can someone help :)

Thank you

John

Hey i forgot whether em3 has a log file but that should at least be able to give you an idea of whats going on, but do you know how to start your windows explore? If you can go to this following directory that would look something like this C:\Program Files\sixteenton entertainment\emergency 3. Somewhere just on that front page there might be something like logfile.txt But I don't remember if em3 has one or not, but if you can find it see if you can upload it to the form or take a photo of it in notpad (defalt text editor it should open in)The log file is what anything that goes on in the game gets reported to such as loading. and when it crashes usually the log file will lead on clues to why it crashed. Such as a hardware incomparability.

heres a photo of em4's log file

post-6840-077685500 1288205528.jpg

I remember that EM3's file structure was somewhat similar to EM4's so it would look kind of similar to that set up in the photo.

Hiya thanks for replying, here is my logfile. hope this makes sence to you lol.

Init Filesystem...

Registered FS device "local"

Registered FS device "base"

Registered FS device "lang"

Init UpdateChain...

Init Timer...

Init Screen...

Init Scriptscheduler...

Init GFX...

Init Vision...

Initializing post processor 'PerceptionCore'

* Skipping config file

Initializing post processor 'MotionBlur'

* Skipping config file

Initializing post processor 'Nightvision'

* Skipping config file

OpenGL vendor: SiS

OpenGL renderer: 661 VGA

renderer-string: SIS

Init Input...

Registered FS device "save"

Init GameFramework...

Init Audio...

Init XGUI...

Font loaded: base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11.xff

Font loaded: base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11 bold.xff

Font loaded: base:/Fonts/Lucida Console 11.xff

Registered FS device "mod"

Loading strings meta list...

Loaded lang:commands.xml

Loaded lang:fail.xml

Loaded lang:hints.xml

Loaded lang:missions.xml

Loaded lang:objectives.xml

Loaded lang:strings.xml

Loaded lang:talk.xml

Loaded lang:mainmenu.xml

Loaded lang:tutorial.xml

Loaded lang:poi.xml

Loaded lang:infotexts.xml

Campaign: 21 entries loaded

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:Save/campaignprogress.xml",BLFM_READ): Could not open

!Precaching prototypes

?Cannot add default animation set to Paramedic Team: incompatible bone structure?

?Cannot add default animation set to Paramedic with Injured: incompatible bone structure?

Loading strings meta list...

Loaded lang:commands.xml

Loaded lang:fail.xml

Loaded lang:hints.xml

Loaded lang:missions.xml

Loaded lang:objectives.xml

Loaded lang:strings.xml

Loaded lang:talk.xml

Loaded lang:mainmenu.xml

Loaded lang:tutorial.xml

Loaded lang:poi.xml

Loaded lang:infotexts.xml

Campaign: 21 entries loaded

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:Save/campaignprogress.xml",BLFM_READ): Could not open

!Precaching prototypes

?Cannot add default animation set to Paramedic Team: incompatible bone structure?

?Cannot add default animation set to Paramedic with Injured: incompatible bone structure?

looks like there is something corrupt with your saved campaign progress? Just out of question have you played the game before?

This is what A campaign progress .xml file looks like, I could see if you ran it before that the game could have had a glitch and somehow screwed up the file.

post-6840-057199800 1288218400.jpg

Just one more thing Do you have all the plugins the game needs to run installed (direct x whatever version) thats required to get anything to run. It will usually prompt you when you install the game for the first time.

One more thing I would try installing a patch and see if that helps. you can find them in the download section of this fourm.

Hi , No ive never actually played the game before because I cant get passed the intro movie.

Ive installed directx 9 and updated my graphics card, and I tried the patches last night but still no Joy.

Very strange really. Like I say im not very technical but have tried the obvious things.