Eddieman

Cloning vehicles

I cloned the Dodge Charger, changed the .dds file name to wis_charger01.dds painted it and when I put it back into my own mod that I am working on the paint colors are all scrambled or "ghost" white. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!

What I am looking for really is for someone to tell me how to clone a vehicle or anything in a mod from start to finish. I have tried to research it in many areas but can not find anything. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Press right mouse button on V30 File (Model file) then Open it with notepad/wordpad(or any text program) then scroll down until you see text like this:

SRF, Your model name, 0, 0, 0, Your texture name.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Change texture name to new one. That code is always 1-5 codein line.

I cloned the Dodge Charger, changed the .dds file name to wis_charger01.dds painted it and when I put it back into my own mod that I am working on the paint colors are all scrambled or "ghost" white. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!

What I am looking for really is for someone to tell me how to clone a vehicle or anything in a mod from start to finish. I have tried to research it in many areas but can not find anything. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

1. go in the mod folder and copy the .v3o file of the car/truck(what ever the case). and rename it(like police01.v30 to charger01.v30

2. open the v3o file with note pad and make the change to the .jpg/.png/.dds file in the lines:(if needed also in the door/wheel .v3o's)

SRF, Your model name, 0, 0, 0, Your texture name.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

3. open the editor.

4. load your mod

5. browse to the car/truck you want to clone.

6. select the car/truck.

7. press clone

8. select the car you cloned

9. press edit.

10. in the first edit screen at the bottom; and change the model filename(from police01.v3o to charger01.v3o(in this example)(if it also has doors and wheels, you need to change them to)

11. press ok.

12. click the "cloned" model in the list.

13. check if it all went according to plan

1. go in the mod folder and copy the .v3o file of the car/truck(what ever the case). and rename it(like police01.v30 to charger01.v30

2. open the v3o file with note pad and make the change to the .jpg/.png/.dds file in the lines:(if needed also in the door/wheel .v3o's)

3. open the editor.

4. load your mod

5. browse to the car/truck you want to clone.

6. select the car/truck.

7. press clone

8. select the car you cloned

9. press edit.

10. in the first edit screen at the bottom; and change the model filename(from police01.v3o to charger01.v3o(in this example)(if it also has doors and wheels, you need to change them to)

11. press ok.

12. click the "cloned" model in the list.

13. check if it all went according to plan

When it comes to renaming doors/wheels how would I remain it as I chose a vehicle and named it Tahoe_W.v3o. The current name for the door file is Tahoe_door02.v3o. Would I rename it Tahoe_door02_W.v3o or would it be Tahoe_W_door02.v3o? I would like to make sure I am doing everything right.

Also when I cloned the vehicle it is solid white (everything including the grill). Is it supposed to turn out that way or am I doing something wrong?

I would like to thank you for your help regarding cloning as this is the finished car that I did. Now I just need to learn how to put this finished car into the game. If you or anyone else could help me with that step by step that would be greatly appreciated.

statechargerpic.jpg