2400FF

making a mod

How do you make a mod? Like for the vechiles, and scripts, etc... I want to kinda/possibly make a mod for my town (just the vechiles). Then use the map for just the regular 911 First Responders.

Thanks

P.S. If I could get step by step for the vechiles that would be great.

Guest dionissimus

is there anyway I could take pictures of the fire dept, and ems, and police where I'm at and implament them into the game by making a mod of them?

Where you're at? Sure! There are a few ways : ) I sorted them basing on easiness (in my opinion), from the easiest down to hardest.

FF:

1. Befriend a firefighter. The best way I see is to find your local FF website, find a forum and post there with the explanation ("I'm making this mod for this very fine game so I need some RL info" etc.) Someone will, hopefully, get interested and either invite you for a visit to the station or agree to shoot some pictures for you.

2. Wait till your local station hosts an "Open Doors Day" This is a loose term, but I am sure you know what I am talking about. Go there and shoot till you're blind. Shoot even details and sides (views) that you deem unnecessary. Those will be of best help when you get to modeling (just my experience). Listen to the lecture (supposing they are hosting one, should be something like a nice-looking girl on top of the first-out apparatus talking through a mike), have a notepad handy and record important stuff like the structure, the order of response and similar stuff.

3. Go to the fire station, have a notepad and a camera with you. Ask them nicely if you could go around and take pictures. Explain that this is for a computer game mod. Show them the game box or print some screenshots or, if they have a spare PC with the Internet in the department and are willing to let you use it, show them all the stuff you (and all of us) got. Chances are, they will help you.

With police and ambulance it's pretty much the same, but I have to note:

Ambulance personnel are the most numerous, and chances are, one of your friends friends is one. Do ask around. Another note - with police, it's best to find a single contact - otherwise you will probably attract unwarranted attention and will be persuaded to spend some time proving you only did it for a game : ) Myself, I resort to snapping police photoes in the street when I get the chance and asking one old friend of mine, who happens to be a cop (swat, to be exact).

Hope this helps : )