john jr

v1.9.3 SG Submod on windows 7

I was looking on this site like i do all the time and i saw a topic about v1.9.3 SG Submod. so i went to lamodifacationcenter.com and downloaded the v1.9.3 SG Submod. now i wanted to know how can you add this submod to la mod 2.0. if you can.

Thanks for responding -

John Jr.

Have you read through the instructions?

HOW TO INSTALL:

It is my intention to try and create an installer for this submod, but until such time we will have to do it the old way.

Please be patient with me, I will go through the process in very simple terms ... as I do not know your computer skills level ... and besides that is how I like to think.

So here goes.

1) Extract the zipped Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod files from the downloaded zip file using winzip or a similar program you will then have a folder titles Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod.

2) Inside the Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod folder you will find a folder called "Los Angeles Mod v1.9" (this is the important file - it hold sall the changes)

3) Left click on the folder "Los Angeles Mod v1.9" once only (to select the file), then right click on the folder - you will then see a list of options.

4) Select the copy option and this will copy the necessary file.

5) Now close all the folders back to desktop and left click twice on my computer to open. You should now see your hard drive/s and dvd rom etc listed.

6) Double left click on the hard drive where you installed the game and locate your Emergency 4 or 911 First Responders folder.

If you are not sure where it was installed or if you let it choose the installation pathway, then it is likely you will find it on your C: (or primary) hard drive in the program files folder

- then look for either Sixteen Tons or Wizardworks folder (depend on which version of the game you have).

Once you open that folder you should find either Emergency 4 of 911 First Responders folder.

7) Left click twice on the Emergency 4/911 First Responders folder and inside you should see a folder named Mods.

8) Left double click on the mods folder and it will open to display the installed mods.

Now it is important that you have the "Los Angeles Mod v1.9" with update patch 2 installed to ensure best possible results.

9) You should see the folder named "Los Angeles Mod v1.9" which means that you have Hoppahs mod installed. and you can proceed with the submod installation.

10) You now need to left click anywhere in the open "mods" folder, except on top of any of the folders that you see in there. Now right click on the same spot and you will see a list of options.

11) Selct the paste option and the process will begin to copy the necessary files.

12) You will see a message that states that you already have a file of the same name do you want to continue - say YES

13) The writing process will begin and you will see a further message asking if you want to overwrite existing files select the first option which should be COPY AND REPLACE

- also at the bottom of that message you can tick the box that says DO THE SAME FOR THE OTHER xxx number OF FILES to be copied,

or else you need to reply to this question for each file - which will take a lot of time and even more patience.

14) Once this process is completed you should be ready to go.

15) I do suggest that once this has completed before you close all the folders that you right click on the folder named "Los Angeles Mod v1.9" in the Mods folder

- select rename, and change the name to Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod (or something similar).

This will then allow you to install an unaltered version of Hoppah's mod and you may then select from the menu which you wish to load.

Now you can close down all the folders and start the game - you are good to go.

I was looking on this site like i do all the time and i saw a topic about v1.9.3 SG Submod. so i went to lamodifacationcenter.com and downloaded the v1.9.3 SG Submod. now i wanted to know how can you add this submod to la mod 2.0. if you can.

Thanks for responding -

John Jr.

Hi John Jr,

Thanks for your interest in my submod. At the moment it is not designed to run with v2.0 of the LA Mod. Following Forensics advice listed in the above post will allow it to install to the mod but all the new units only found in v2.0 La Mod will no longer be accessible - it will require some scripting to correct that.

I am currently working hard to get a version for 2.0 but it will still be some time.

Watch this space SG Submod topic for further information and I will do my best to keep you updated.

Take care

Shane

Hi John Jr,

Thanks for your interest in my submod. At the moment it is not designed to run with v2.0 of the LA Mod. Following Forensics advice listed in the above post will allow it to install to the mod but all the new units only found in v2.0 La Mod will no longer be accessible - it will require some scripting to correct that.

I am currently working hard to get a version for 2.0 but it will still be some time.

Watch this space SG Submod topic for further information and I will do my best to keep you updated.

Take care

Shane

Thanks for all your help good luck on our submod. it looks awesome.

Thanks -John Jr.