Guest jackmann

I need help installing the LA mod

Guest jackmann

ok well, first i have 911 first responders (does that matter????) I downloaded the brand new patch that came out like yesterday or whatever, anyways it downloaded fine. When i try to download the actual LA mod file (the install screen pops up and , it shows the LA mod as a word doc) even tho the download shows up as a word doc it is 152 MB long, it is a .Zip file (i have renamed it and sent it to the mod installer), after the file is downloaded, i try to open it in the mod installer (which i shouldn't have to manually do, right???) and an error message pops up saying how the mod is corrupt (but I know this is because its showing as a word doc.) Anyways Ive cleared the cache and i tryed deleting most of my temp files and still no go. Any ideas on whats wrong ??????(remember the patch downloaded fine and i see it in the mod section of the the first responders game when you play) HELP ME PLZ!!!!!! :1046274283_heul:

If your system is saving the .zip file as a Word doc with the .doc extension, there is a messed up association somewhere. Have you tried it in Internet Explorer and Firefox?

Say the downloaded file is "Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.doc", rename it to "Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.zip". You should be able to open up that zip file with your default archive program (WinRAR, WinZip, 7Zip, etc.). Extract the two files within the zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder. You need to run the mod installer, "Los Angeles Mod v2.0.exe", that will run the installer which will then install the files for the mod into the game.

If the file is saving with the .zip extension, but when you double click on the file Word opens, your system has .zip associated with Word as the default program. Holding down the Shift button, click on the .zip file and choose "Open With". Select your zip file program from the list and check the box to always open that type of file with that program. That should fix the association problem for you.

-d

Guest jackmann
If your system is saving the .zip file as a Word doc with the .doc extension, there is a messed up association somewhere. Have you tried it in Internet Explorer and Firefox?

Say the downloaded file is "Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.doc", rename it to "Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.zip". You should be able to open up that zip file with your default archive program (WinRAR, WinZip, 7Zip, etc.). Extract the two files within the zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder. You need to run the mod installer, "Los Angeles Mod v2.0.exe", that will run the installer which will then install the files for the mod into the game.

If the file is saving with the .zip extension, but when you double click on the file Word opens, your system has .zip associated with Word as the default program. Holding down the Shift button, click on the .zip file and choose "Open With". Select your zip file program from the list and check the box to always open that type of file with that program. That should fix the association problem for you.

-d

yes ive tryed it in both internet and firefox, but the wierd thing is that when the download screen pops up, the file says says Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.zip but right in front of that it has a picture of the word document, and when i try to open the file it opens in word but word says the file cannot be opened, that its corrupt or something (it shouldnt even be in word). Im kind of a noob when it comes to computers so how do I figure out what my default zip program is (when i click "open with" /browse, i get a "choose helper application" screen. Zip File, Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.zip........(choices, i can access any program in my computer thats when i get lost, but i have found the modinstaller program, and i set the download to open with the installer but like I said before the installer says the file isnt a real file or somthing)

Well this is what is going wrong.(As dizza told you)

Your pc has the .zip(with is an archive) set to a .doc(.txt)(witch is text).

You do not rename the file.

You just right click on it.

Select open with:

And select an archive program from your list.

(Like winzip/winrar or the default windows package program).

Winzip download

Winrar download

You extract the .zip file with winzip or winrar(or the default windows program).

After that you need to go to the new map that has been made.

And dubbel click the Los Angeles Mod v2.0.exe file

LA mod does not uses the normal .e4mod mod installer file.

But an .exe extention that will automaticly install the right files.

After the instalation you need to start the game either by:

Using the L.A mod 2.0.exe on your desktop(takes a while to load, and the main screen is the same, until you start a new game).

Or start the game normaly and load the mod in from the "modification" option in the menu(again takes time to load in, and you only see a differance when you start a new game(or freelplay)