Read me's

OK so I've been confused where to post this general or modding related support. I chose the latter as it can help alot of people.

So this is a little rant it's been bugging me an awful lot. Alot of mods now Adays especially the bigger ones come with what is called a read me. It's essentially an instruction Manuel on how to play the mod.  Now I know yes there long yes there boring but you only have to skim through it not read word for word. If there's something in game you don't understand before you post somewhere how do I do this what is this? Read the instruction manual it could answer your question.  When you not reading these and posting stuff that's in the Manual the mod creators have to explain what it is or that they know of the bug.  It's takin time from what they're doing and ure time to write it. When you can save them and yourselfs time by reading the instructions.

Sorry it's probably long boring and very hard to understand. But it's a rant I've been saving for a while.

Gunswat 

Thus is the life of a developer. If everyone read the manual then we'd have an awfully boring forum here. My observations:

1. A good number of people simply don't know there is a readme file since most people don't seem to do more than copy the mod's folder over. Few venture in and actually look at the contents of the folder since, for the most part, the contents are irrelevant or even foreign to them.

2. Some people assume wrongly about readme files and assume they contain only credits and attributions. Not something the average players finds joy in reading.

3. Searching through a readme to solve your problem can be frustrating for some, especially if the readme is long. Why read when I can just ask in 1/5th the time? So what if I have to wait 24 hours for an answer, at least I'm not reading! 

4. Some readme files simply don't have any information. Most of the time the assumptions mentioned in observation #2 are correct, hence the reason for the assumption.