AnthonyBarker

Blitz mod (idea and interest gauge)

Hi all,

I've been dabbling a lot with an idea of doing a complete mod, I'm not sure how well it would work, or if anyone would be interested in playing it, this isnt green lighted in the slightest, but if anyone is interested in helping contribute, give me a shout.

Heres the idea:

blitz mod: Set in 1940 London.

Ambulance Service:

A Doctor Travelling in a Civilian Vehicle

A single Ambulance will be available

Hearse

Fire Services:

Regular Fire Appliance

National Fire Service Appliance

Civil Defence Rescue Truck

NFS Fire Boat

ARP Warden

Police:

A lot will be based on foot patrol

Police Car

Black Mariah type Van

Flying Squad Car

Military Police Jeep

Engineer etc:

REME Engineer Squad

Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal Squad

Civil Defence Heavy Rescue Squad

He're the Freeplay plan:

A day/night Cycle, 2 minutes per hour.

At approximately 8pm you are warned of approaching enemy aircraft. its your task to sound the sirens and prepare for the raid. the raid will last approximately 2 hours (4 minutes) and will involve the dropping of high explosive and incendarie bombs. After which you have have a respite for another 4 hours before the second wave. In the morning you sound the all clear and rebuild/rescue during the day.

Ambulance tasks:

Wounded by explosives

Wounded by burns

Heart attack

fatigue

Fire Brigade/Civil Defence tasks:

Fire casued by incedary bomb

Fire by explosion

People trapped in building

People burried in shelter

Police tasks:

Looting

Deserter/AWOL soldier

Pickpocketing

Burglary

Engineer Tasks:

Air Raid Shelter damaged

Air Raid Siren Down

Unsafe structure (needs to be shored up etc)

Water pipes down

this is literaly just in embryo, i appreciate it will be an awful lot of work to get it all in, but think it could utalise a decent engine, to something completely different.

What are your thoughts?

It would make it nearly a completely different game, or require a hell of a lot of scripting. People are unlikely to pick on the idea as well because, as many people (including myself) find out to their peril, if you can't add any skills to the team - there's not much point spamming ideas :)

I think this remains in the "Nice idea but..." category, hell if you get it going I will follow and would love to play it but I think it asks too much of the game :)

Good luck!

The OC-D

thanks for the kind words.

I'm not spamming ideas, I want to know if its something worth me persuing.

sorry mate I should of mentioned, i can model completely in 3dsmax, maya and Sketchup and can handle very basic scripting. I am a graphic designer by trade so can handle 2d graphics completely, including recreating and reproducing them from scratch.

I wasn't accusing you of the spamming, I'm just saying it happens, hell if you search back through my history I did the same thing about a mod for my area :) Nicely done with your skills, if you can get some models done with skins then you may have better luck recrutiing a scripter. The only thing I'm unsure of is how possible this is with the game's engine, need one of the old hands to pop up to say how possible they think the idea is :) Also, its another UK mod, so its all good. Bear in mind it will be a massive task in that you would have to replace all the modern German civil cars and buildings as well as the emergency personell.

The OC-D