Multibullets

What makes a mod playable for you?

What makes a mod playable for you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What makes a mod playable for you?

• Just new sirene sounds and the same old skins will do perfectly for me!
    • A re-skin of units will make it just fine for me.
    • New features are great, but I don't dislike mods that just edit skins. Also like playing those!
    • Mods that just edit the skins/models are boring me.
    • I don't play mods...

Hey guys,

I was wondering how you guys think about this. I myself find myself shutting down and deleting a mod right after I found out that all that has been changed are the skins/models, it just bored me since it's the same gameplay. Same with another game I play, Mount&Blade, which is all about modding, yet many mods just release new clothes or say they're building a Western 1886 mod and then just add cowboy clothes... it just makes me go crazy.

Now what I do like, actually love, is when there are new features in the game. Take Winterberg or LA mod for example, awesome new gameplay which brings hours of new fun!

So please, vote in the poll and even better, reply with your own personal opinion in a reply :)

Great point ;)

Yes, spending a lot of time is nice. But a mod, no matter how good the units, etc. are isn't good until everything is playable and has a point. I could make the most epic model in the world and put it in but unless it served a practical purpose it would be a waste of time.