Guest Taylor

help with some tech support

Guest Taylor

Okay, I downloaded a game called Firefighter 3. I received an e-mail which made me download 5 files. One file is an I have no idea, the other four are .bin files. I used a free download manager (supplied in the E-mail) and I've got no idea what to do now. It says I have to use the .EXE file, but the only .exe file is the one that is in the e-mail to install the free download manager. WTF DO I DO?

1 – If you do not already have a download manager installed on your machine may we suggest the freeware, Free Download Manager, install it with the default options : DELETTED

INSTALLED

2 – Create a folder with the name of your game on your desktop or somewhere with enough disk space.

Done

3 – Launch Free Download Manager and click on the “+” button in the top left. Copy the link of the File 1 below and paste it in the URL box in

the ‘add download’ window that opened.

I downloaded it

4 – In the “Save to Folder” box choose the folder that you created in step 2. Click on OK to start the download, once the download has finished repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the files to download etc...

done here too

5 – When you have downloaded all your files, double click on the .exe file to start the installation.

There is NO .exe file!!

That's all the relative instructions other than "contact this e-mail for support" and the activation code.

I got it from http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/pc-games/buy...t-3-160-17.html

You are advertising for a service that is definitely not free like you stated above, the costs are 6 or 12 gbp a month, Since this is a trap for others I removed your link

-snipped for the moment-

Edit: Did you download the game using metaboli? It should install itself then... Yeah, it does. It gets all the essential files first if I remember right. Did you follow what metaboli said?

Edit again: sorry but I'm rather confused. Unless it's changed in the last six months, Metaboli would automatically install it... How did you end up with .bin files??

Guest Taylor
-snipped for the moment-

Edit: Did you download the game using metaboli? It should install itself then... Yeah, it does. It gets all the essential files first if I remember right. Did you follow what metaboli said?

Edit again: sorry but I'm rather confused. Unless it's changed in the last six months, Metaboli would automatically install it... How did you end up with .bin files??

Because I extracted them from my library in there. Stuck it in my desktop. However, it's still there

bin.jpg

There is nothing else to see, as it's self explanatory, it's the same files with everything, just sitting in a folder out of the program.

What do I do now? Thanks for your help too.

Please contact their technical support since their service if definitely not free.

* Essential Collection: £6.95/month, play more than 226 games !

* Ultimate Collection: £12.95/month, play more than 358 games !

* New games are added every month

* Cancel online in just a few clicks

* What's the difference between the two games collections?

o The latest games releases are first added to the Ultimate Collection.

o After a few months, they're added to the Essential Collection.

* Because our games downloads are delivered to you from servers located in France, our pricing is subject to French VAT and has, therefore, not been effected by recent changes in UK VAT legislation

Since I am not going to pay just to help you, you will have to wait till somebody here who has it answears or you'll just contact their tech support (what might be faster I think)