Fisk1

SCBA gear; what does it do?

I've been wondering; exactly what does the SCBA gear do? How does it effect the FF's that wears it, and in which situations is it most useful?

I usually have FF's put on their SCBA gear when entering structures on fire, or in a forest fire.

Anyone care to enlighten me? :)

SCBA gear allows the firefighter to go into areas with air that isn't breathable, not contaminated air, but air, for example, thickly filled with smoke.

Yea, I guessed on that. Sorry, should have mentioned in the first post. :)

I've been testing this out, and i can't really see a difference in sending a FF with or without the SCBA gear into a house.

Indoor fires is the only environiment I have experienced to be filled with smoke due to a fire, so I wonder if the SCBA gear is just for the realism?

Yea, I guessed on that. Sorry, should have mentioned in the first post. :)

I've been testing this out, and i can't really see a difference in sending a FF with or without the SCBA gear into a house.

Indoor fires is the only environiment I have experienced to be filled with smoke due to a fire, so I wonder if the SCBA gear is just for the realism?

In the mission where there's a MVA in a tunnel (From the original EM4, not any mod), you can't send in FF without SCBA into the tunnel until an engineer has turned the ventilation on, otherwise their health will drop until they need medical treatment.

In the mission where there's a MVA in a tunnel (From the original EM4, not any mod), you can't send in FF without SCBA into the tunnel until an engineer has turned the ventilation on, otherwise their health will drop until they need medical treatment.

Ah, I see. I didn't remember that, thanks alot. :)

So I guess, in Freeplay, there's no real situation where the SCBA is necessary?

I have used the SCBA firefighters in freeplay,several of the fires that happen in freeplay,occur in bulidings that you can enter,and if you dont send in a SCBA with a fire extinguisher it either takes an age to put the fire out or it just keeps burning,also in many of these fires there are ppl inside who need removing from the burning buildings,so check that out next time,it all adds to the realism,i also have police on scene to direct pl away form the shop fires,as sometimes ppl wonder into them even though they are on fire,pah the things ppl do to get the bargains while the shop is on fire....lol,hope this helps ya

I have used the SCBA firefighters in freeplay,several of the fires that happen in freeplay,occur in bulidings that you can enter,and if you dont send in a SCBA with a fire extinguisher it either takes an age to put the fire out or it just keeps burning,also in many of these fires there are ppl inside who need removing from the burning buildings,so check that out next time,it all adds to the realism,i also have police on scene to direct pl away form the shop fires,as sometimes ppl wonder into them even though they are on fire,pah the things ppl do to get the bargains while the shop is on fire....lol,hope this helps ya

Hehe, yea I do the same thing with the cops and SCBA-FF's. ;)

Thanks!

Guest F.C.F.D.canoe

i believe that if you get to close to fight fire without gear on it slowly lowers the health. Ive had people without gear on in freeplay and noticed all of their health went down.

Guest NPD-Traffic
i believe that if you get to close to fight fire without gear on it slowly lowers the health. Ive had people without gear on in freeplay and noticed all of their health went down.

it depends on what there dressed in i can tell you cops and some medical staff will slowly lose health when near a open flame whiel fire fighters with and without there breathing equiptment do not lose health in some casses breathing gear is better to have as a pre-caution such as a forest fire when you send thee fire fighters into the center ofd the blaze or as i do clear out enterable buildings on fire with a ff in full gear along with an axe in one out of 3 or 4 i send in i also noticed some buildings you can send in a ff with a hose which is a good part for when theres a fire that isnt going out take a look inside and youll see burning objects :P