billyfromhill

Texture/skin problems

As some of you might know, I needed the skins for the old paramedic from 1.4 for a project I'm working on. Hoppah kindly uploaded them today for me to use. I'm using the model of the paramedic and stretcher team from 1.6 (I assume those are the models that were used for the paramedics since 1.0) and I'm attempting to put the old (1.4) paramedic skins onto the models. I've made prototype files, and put the model files and skin files in the proper folder. The problem is that the skin doesen't show up on the model. You can see the model in the editor, but all you see is a blank model. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

em42009010210451468gf5.th.jpgem42009010210450871du0.th.jpg

As some of you might know, I needed the skins for the old paramedic from 1.4 for a project I'm working on. Hoppah kindly uploaded them today for me to use. I'm using the model of the paramedic and stretcher team from 1.6 (I assume those are the models that were used for the paramedics since 1.0) and I'm attempting to put the old (1.4) paramedic skins onto the models. I've made prototype files, and put the model files and skin files in the proper folder. The problem is that the skin doesen't show up on the model. You can see the model in the editor, but all you see is a blank model. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

em42009010210451468gf5.th.jpgem42009010210450871du0.th.jpg

I'm not sure if it goes for persons, but with vehicles you still have to UV-map the model before the texture is applied to it. See the tutorial section for more info about UV-mapping.

greetz,

Well, I've fixed my initial problem (see first post), but now I have more problems. I want to assign the old paramedic (1.4) skin to the current FF/EMT stretcher team. I want two stretcher teams when I'm finished, one with the old light blue skin, and one with the current skin.

So I've copied the FF/EMT stretcher model files and renamed them to what I want. When I rename the 1.4 skins to the same name as the copied model files, the 1.4 skin doesen't show up on the copied models in the editor. What shows up is the current skin as you can see below.

em42009010222220179ct3.th.jpg

The prototype files I am using are copies of the FF/EMT stretcher team files. But as you can see I've renamed them and assigned the model path to the copied and renamed files. The problem is that the 1.4 skin doesen't show up at all. The 1.4 skin is named the same as the copied model files, its in the proper folder, and the model file path in the prototype file is assigned to the copied models. See below. The amr_emt_stretcher.DDS file in the upper left is the one thats giving me trouble. It refuses to appear on the copied models.

modelsms6.th.jpg

Here's the kicker. When I rename the 1.4 skin to ff_emt_stretcher, in an attempt to test the skin in place of the current skin, it works perfectly with the 1.4 skin showing up on the model. The only problem is that I have only one EMT stretcher team instead of two.

I'm thinking that the problem is in the copied prototype files, but I don't know. The skin just doesen't seem to be associating with the copied, renamed model files.

BTW heres what the skin is supposed to look like.

skinjt0.th.jpg

Sorry for the double post but I have a third problem.

I've made completely new prototype files for my new EMT stretcher team with the 1.4 skin. I've copied the LAFD FF/EMT model files and renamed them to what I want. I then took the 1.4 skin and renamed it to the same as the copied, renamed model files. The problem is that the 1.4 skin refuses to show up on the copied files as you can see below. The 1.4 skin is named the same as the copied models and its in the proper folder.

em42009010310493501bu2.th.jpg

When I take the 1.4 skin and rename it to the same as the current skin for the PM/EMT stretcher team, it works perfectly. I dont see why it will work properly on the original models and not on the copied ones. They're the same models, just renamed.

em42009010310493042eg4.th.jpg

What I want is two EMT stretcher teams. One with the current skin, one with the 1.4 skin. The 1.4 skin refuses to appear on the copied model. But it appears perfectly on the original model. Anybody know how to get the 1.4 skin onto the copied models? I shouldn't have to UV-map anything because the 1.4 skin appears on the original models.

EDIT: Fixed all my problems. You can lock and delete now.