Quavx

Game Flickers and game goes black when trying to spawn in a vehicle

I have no idea what's going on but I have just started playing after a bit and my game is bugging out the screen starts flickering black and white whenever i try to spawn in a new vehicle i have re-installed my game many times loading mods playing without mods deleting mods nothing seems to fix it, I have also just switched over to windows 11 which could be doing. logfile.txt

logfile.txt

Hello, unfortunately i come here with sad news. Just by guessing i know you're running an AMD Graphics card. I also run an AMD GPU, i experience similar issues as you except my game does not fully black screen. Instead of going fully black screen it flashes and breaks the textures of whatever vehicle it was i was choosing. However this issue is cause by AMD Graphics cards having too modern technology for the old engine of EM4 to work with.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I'm in the same situation as you. I don't know what is wrong with it, but while playing the game it hangs and the screen is dark. I downloaded techloky's pc game mod to play, but it seems that the AMD graphics card is so modern that the old engine of EM4 cannot run. So I can't play the game. I don't know if anyone on this forum can help me to fix it. Thank You!

On 12/4/2022 at 3:39 PM, ArcHeart said:

Hello, unfortunately i come here with sad news. Just by guessing i know you're running an AMD Graphics card. I also run an AMD GPU, i experience similar issues as you except my game does not fully black screen. Instead of going fully black screen it flashes and breaks the textures of whatever vehicle it was i was choosing. However this issue is cause by AMD Graphics cards having too modern technology for the old engine of EM4 to work with.

Ahh damn that's a shame loved this game as a kid and wanted to come back to it, Thanks for the help