Dakota

My Quick Intro

I figured I'd add this as I've been stirring the pot a little in some topics, so perhaps people would like to know what Im all about (copied from my About Me)

Thought I'd put this in here for those who are interested:

My name's Dakota. I'm a certified IFSAC Firefighter II (HAZMAT Ops & EVOC) and NREMT- Paramedic in the state of Ohio. I've done some cool stuff in my almost 5 years as a firefighter and 2 years as a medic. I've seen fire, wrecks and lots of other stuff (not everything though, don't get me wrong), but I still prefer medical, that's just what I like to do. I've had a strong interest in law enforcement as well, and have been trained to operate as a Tactical Medic for attachment to a SWAT Team. Haven't been able to get on a team yet sadly.

In my spare time I like to run websites, do graphic design, play video games and have recently renewed an old interest in LEGO. I have been running a gaming community for my clan for 8 years, I've run other communites as well, the largest I've had was about 280 members, nothing to large like this place, but my current largest is Emergency Bricks, head on over if you'd like.

I do graphic design, websites, banners, some logo work, and pretty much anything you can do with Photoshop and I'm pretty decent with Illustrator as well. I also produce vinyl decals for cars, glass, walls pretty much any flat surface in my spare time.

Anything else you'd like to know just ask.

** About IFSAC Firefighter II

In Ohio there are 3 levels of firefighter training. 36 hour cards for volunteer firefighters. 120 hour cards for a part-time firefighter certification, and 240+ hours for professional firefighter training.

IFSAC stands for The International Fire Service Accreditation Congress and is will allow reciprocity of your fire card in most states and even some various countries.

**About NREMT-Paramedic

NREMT stands for National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, and is the testing agency for most states, if you keep your card you can gain reciprocity in many states and just adds a level of prestige for most. In addition to the NREMT certification, I also hold a medic certifcation through the state of Ohio directly.