Guest SWAT_NUT

mod help

Guest SWAT_NUT

This is a stupid question. OK i just got the editor working with help from Limited.English and i was wondering if someone would be willing to give me a brief explanation on how to create a mod the help file for editor is to confusing. I would appreciate any help at all. Again this has to be the stupidest question i have ever asked. PLZ HELP :D

This is a stupid question. OK i just got the editor working with help from Limited.English and i was wondering if someone would be willing to give me a brief explanation on how to create a mod the help file for editor is to confusing. I would appreciate any help at all. Again this has to be the stupidest question i have ever asked. PLZ HELP :D

Explaining everything is an extremely long story. I hope to get you started with this, but you'll have to find out a lot of things yourself, just start modding and if you have any (more specific) questions you can ask them in this topic. I know a bit about modding although I wouldn't call myself a star, but I'll do my best to help you. I don't know anything about scripting, so I can't help you with that part.

-You can make a new mod by clicking 'create a new mod' in the modifications menu.

-Now you'll have to load a floor texture: click the floor menu then click load texture. Choose a texture from the list.

-If you want you can change the terrain heigt with the edit terrain option (strenght is the amount of soil that is moved and size is the surface of the ground that you are going to change).

-You can now edit the scene by placing new houses, cars and persons on the map. If this is your first modding try, I recommend you start with trying to place some cars (via the edit-scene menu) and persons and adjust their propreties (use the propreties menu on the bottom left hand corner). Next step is trying to build a house at an empty lot. You can use the houses that are already in the edit scene menu or you can use the material and try building a house yourself.

If you want to edit persons or cars I recommend you make a clone (use the clone button in the edit scene menu), by clicking the plus sign ('+') you can place the car in another file folder on your PC. You can even make a special folder for it: close the editor and go to the folder Strategy First\Emergency 3\Data\Prototypes now make a new folder named 'Practice' or something. Remeber the name of the file: if anything goes wrong you know where the file is you need to delete (and you don't accidently deleted the original). You can place it in the file by changing the name that you see in the bottom of the edit screen (NOT the file where the model is stored!!!). It normal is Strategy First\Emergency 3\Data\Prototypes\vehicles\[vehilce name] and you need to change it in Strategy First\Emergency 3\Data\Practice[vehilce name]. You can now edit lights, physics, children (small parts that make every model look a bit different) etc. Try it, trying it is how you learn best, trust me.

greets and good luck

Thijs

would you know how to skin vehicals with z modler :)

Nope, I don't skin vehicles much. When I do I use paint or photoshop. But there is a fairly clear Z-modeler Tutorial on the site. You can download the paint and photoshop conversion programmes in the download centre.

I hope it helps you.

greets

Thijs

Guest thodin34

Only place it let's me post. Anyways, I was curious. Is it possible to creat a k-9 unit for the police like the medic services have, that can track hidden criminals? Often in emergencies, it's more liekly a police k-9 unit would respond before a FD or volunteer k-9 unit would. Police k-9's should even be able to chase down suspects that even a motorcycle officer can't. Just curious. How much work would it take to convert the k-9 unit? [i know, :stupid: I know prob a newb question but I'm still curious I can't find an answer to it]

Is it possible to creat a k-9 unit for the police like the medic services have, that can track hidden criminals? Often in emergencies, it's more liekly a police k-9 unit would respond before a FD or volunteer k-9 unit would.

I'm not sure if it is possible (I mean anything is possible, but somethings just aren't worth the trouble). Maybe you can convert the helicopter chase script and use it on the k-9 unit. But it is an afwul lot of work (for example: instead of on a car you need to use it on a person, the dog must be able to walk solo etc.). I can read the easy scripts, but I can't make them so I can't help you with it. But I think this is the way you need to go. It would be really cool if it worked though.

Opening a new topic might have been better but I guess that you mean you can only post in this topic when you say 'only place it let's me post', kind of weird?

greets,

Thijs