dwpirate

Really stupid multiplater question

Alright, so I have a really dumb question.

I've played a couple hundred hours of Endless mode and missions on EM4/LA Mod with Xplorer's submod and I'd like to play some multiplayer. I tried to play online with a friend, but I couldn't get the hang of the gameplay... it was all turn based? It was kind of weird.

Can anyone give me a little walkthrough on how, exactly, one uses the multiplayer mode, and maybe some tips/strategies?

Thank you!

I usually play multiplayer with 1 other person and we share the map in 2 and use the same vehicles so each of us has X fire engines, X ambulances and X poice patrols (cant remember numbers as I havent played MP for ages) and we do not send any vehicles back to HQ unless they need to deliver casualties, wrecks or arrested people.

Each player also has some special vehicles so I have the bomb vehicle while the other player has the engineer and they go round to an incident on the map where needed. Furthermore, the engineer repairs vehicles as soon as they are damaged so there is no need to send them to HQ.

Ambulances drive to HQ without their doctor (only patient lifter in the ambulance) and a new ambulance is ordered without doctor and picks the old doctor up.

Police vehicles only drive to HQ (again without police officers, like ambulance) when they are filled up with criminals and a new police car is ordered without officers. If any personel is hurt a medic will heal them so they do not need to be replaced.

If there are 2 incidents on my half, the other player will of course help with one or both incidents and even if there are only 1 incident but a special vehicle or a towing vehicle is required the other player will send it (and order it from HQ if necessary) and take care of that part of things.

This tactic can lead to tension if one player does more than the other but I have not thought about better ways to play it (do not want 1 player to have 2 emergency services each)