Fuzzyface

Y2K + 10 + 2/3 month bug.

To get things started, a news article HERE

Isn't it worrying that a company like Sony have potentially forgotten about a leap year and caused such a meltdown of all their consoles? <--- Assumed problem taken from article, just stating what i've read

I've heard that it is all the original "fat" PS3 consoles which are all on the blink as a result of this.

I'm happy to say that my Xbox is 100% functional after the February/March changeover and i'm assuming this thread might become a full out war on which console is best, PS3 or 360 once again, however i'm merely interested in the issues any of you might be having with the console.

I just wondered if anyone here has been affected by this?

Plenty of tweets/facebook statuses etc complaining that no offline play is available either so is there any truth in that?

Either way, I feel pretty sorry for the people here who have spent alot of money on consoles/games/dlc to apparently be denied any use of the lot.

I've got one of the original PS3s, but I havn't got it plugged in at the moment, so I don't know if it has any problems. Problem's fixed anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

I'm happy to say that my Xbox is 100% functional after the February/March changeover and i'm assuming this thread might become a full out war on which console is best, PS3 or 360 once again, however i'm merely interested in the issues any of you might be having with the console.

Most likely, just wait for some of the 360 fanboys to arrive at it'll get started.

Guest Francis

Was this really needed? I guess not. :nixweiss:

After reading the whole news entry on the link you posted, I am tempted to say that I knew this would happen. I mean look, they weren't ready to release the PS3 were they? Not really to be honest. As soon as the 360 got released, which was first, Sony has rushed their teams the most possible to be able to get the new Playstation out without losing too many profits because of the 360 getting bought, bought and re-bought. Sony did not concentrate on the most problems because they didn't want to lose their precious money. [/sarcasm]

Myself, I do not own any because I don't feel the need. A computer that is powerful enough to play any game is only needed. Alright I know the fact that some games are only offered on the Xbox or the PS3, but most of the game I'd really play are available on the computer so I don't really need a console. :)