2Bells Gaming

Fort Erie/Buffalo PRIVATE mod

AWESOME !!!!! One Question though are you planning on placing the Buffalo Crest on the doors? Also may I say the Rural Metro Fleet is epic !!!! I really hope you plane on releasing this as someone from the area it would be a real treat. GREAT WORK KEEP IT UP !!!!!

AWESOME !!!!! One Question though are you planning on placing the Buffalo Crest on the doors? Also may I say the Rural Metro Fleet is epic !!!! I really hope you plane on releasing this as someone from the area it would be a real treat. GREAT WORK KEEP IT UP !!!!!

Thanks! And I'm not sure what you mean by the Buffalo Crest. If you mean the BFD Badge, all trucks have it. It's on the driver's and officer's doors, right below the unit name :)

Cheers,

Eli

SWEET, only reason I asked was it wasnt on the pictures thought ya might have missed it, cant wait for more I love seeing this from my home town. I do hope you postmore of this and really consider releasing it as a submod.

just wanted to say man, that these are great! all the work you put into the Ladder trucks and just all the models over all? its Crazy! i wanted to start making my own private mod based off my town, but i am not good at making any kind of modeling or scripting, in fact, i have no clue how to skin, i do what the tutorial says, but it just doesnt work the same with 2.1. but still this is about you, I know you say you are probably not going to release this, which makes a lot of sense, but i would be proud to play your version of the LA Mod. Keep up the great work, and cant wait for the next update.

Hey guys! great news! I'm still working on it, trying to fix a few bugs.. I may release it, I may not... I'm sorry for being so indicisive...

Here's what I've got on my mind now:

After I fix the bugs, I'd like to find someone who can model a few units for me. There's about 5 or 6 models I could REALLY use.... Willing to trade sex/drugs/children for work. Kidding, totally kidding... lol I can however trade some work for anyone who'd like to work out a deal...

Also, I'd like to find a way for each individual unit to have its own voice folder... for example, if you tell engine 1 to extinguish something, a sound clip would play saying "Roger, Command, Engine 1's opening up our masterstream." I've got the voice actors lined up... I just don't know how to give each individual unit it's own file... does anyone know if this is possible?

Lastly, I'd like to see if anyone who's good with scripting can help me with a midmount ladder... I've done about 80% of the work, I just don't know how to script... I've got a pretty good idea of what would work, I just don't know HOW to do it.....

Thanks for your support folks!

Cheers,

Eli

Thanks for the interest CRFD Engine 7! I know WHERE the sounds go, I'm just not sure if you can have more than 3 different voice folders.. I know how to assign the voices to trucks, I've got it so when my Fire Units show up on scene, you hear my buddy, forterieladder1officer, say "Buffalo Fire Engine (muffled), we're on location in the area, we'll be investigating." It just sucks that my Battalion's call in as an Engine, and the Ladders as well... I hope that explains it a little better :)

Cheers!

Eli

I wish I could Truck15... I'm not really a modeller, all I've been able to do so far is to modify things. I've edited where lights are, taken one thing from one unit and put it on another.... it's all just modifcation work... I've labelled the Fireboat already in game to say Edward M. Cotter, but, until I can get modelling down, I'm screwed... I wish I could model better, I wanna add a pump panel to the aerials, as they all have them in Buffalo... I also wish I could model a Crimson Pumper for Engines 4 and 25, and a Crimson 100' stick for the Reserve aerial. I haven't been over to Engine 37/Ladder 4 in a while (I'm going through withdrawls lmao), but I heard a rumour about Truck 4 getting a new rig... I'm trying to keep the models up to date as much as possible, and thankfully, other than 33 and 22 being replaced next year, I'm perty sure the BFD's done updating their fleet for a while.

On the topic of rigs, the Chiefs year/model is correct, but they've got the pushbars on them, as well as an LED lightbar. F20's got a newer model Suburban, 4-1's got the older Tahoe, there's a billion things that I wish I could do, but don't have the ability to...

I'm continuing to try to learn modelling, but, I just had my Search and Rescue Recert, and life's been hectic... I'm hoping I'll learn it someday.... And when I do, you'll have a COMPLETE Buffalo submod :)

FortErieFireEli PM me.

Done Sir!

do you know how to put the scuba team on the cotter ?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but, I don't believe you can. I don't believe the game allows for persons to be placed on the unit. I could very well be wrong, but, I will look into it no less truck15. I may have asked you before, but, are you a firefighter at Buffalo Ladder 15?

Edit: Funny... not 5 minutes after I asked that, 15 went on a P.S. ... hmm... I wonder if I have God-like powers... :tongue2:

Truck15, I'm just loading the game now, I'll take a screenshot, and have the pic up in a few moments :)

AndrewByrd, unfotunately, at this time, this is not a download-able submod. I'm thinking of making it public, but, I'm not 100% either way yet... As for the reskins, possibly after the holidays I'll take a look into it for you :) The holidays are pretty busy for us folks in Search and Rescue, so, I probably won't have the time to...

Also, as a BIG announcement, Unit42 has been sweet enough (haha) to model a few trucks for me. I've seen his work, and, believe me... I almost cried. so, I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to Unit42 to my (dark) side! :D