Hoppah

LAPD or LASD K9?

K9  

133 members have voted

1. 1. LAPD or LASD?

• LAPD
    • LASD
    • Neither, I am allergic to dogs

I am trying to add a police dog to the Los Angeles mod and need your opinion.

What is K9?

"A police dog is a dog that is trained specifically to assist police and other law-enforcement personnel in their work. Police dogs are often referred to by the term "K9", which is a homophone of "canine", a word that generally refers to dogs and dog-like animals." Source: Wiki

Both LAPD and LASD have K9 units. The difference is in the K9 vehicles.

LAPD K9 uses Ford Crown Victorias:

lapd_k9_6.jpg

LASD K9 uses Chevrolet Tahoes:

lasd_k9_1.jpg

I'd say LASD, because there are already a ton of Crown Vics in the mod.

So please answer the poll and choose your favorite. :)

Hoppah

Hmmm, I just found the following two photos

lapd_k9_8.jpg

lapd_bombk9_1.jpg

I am not creating Bomb K9, but that Bomb K9 SUV will also do for normal K9 (public order enforcement dog) I guess.

Can someone tell the make and type of that SUV? Looks like a Toyota.

I am not sure what the purpose of the white F150 is, Code2High mentions it under K9. Never saw it before.

http://www.code2high.com/lapd.htm

I'm pretty shure the F-150 is a transport for more than one dog, because in the back it does have the space for it, possibly for search efforts where they need more than one dog. Also, LAPD is really the focus with the mod, and I hate to put a damper, but I never use LASD, they are just an annoyance to me, LAPD patroll cars and SUVs work fine for me. :smoke:

Hmmm, I just found the following two photos

lapd_k9_8.jpg

lapd_bombk9_1.jpg

I am not creating Bomb K9, but that Bomb K9 SUV will also do for normal K9 (public order enforcement dog) I guess.

Can someone tell the make and type of that SUV? Looks like a Toyota.

I am not sure what the purpose of the white F150 is, Code2High mentions it under K9. Never saw it before.

http://www.code2high.com/lapd.htm

The SUV on the bottom is a Ford Explorer, older model.

Guest NMDanny

just add both to LAPD and LASD

because the dog is kind of equipment and shouldn't be problem to add to vehicles, just retexture and do cargo changes in both vehicles

but if only one vehicle, then the Tahoe.

I'm pretty shure the F-150 is a transport for more than one dog, because in the back it does have the space for it, possibly for search efforts where they need more than one dog. Also, LAPD is really the focus with the mod, and I hate to put a damper, but I never use LASD, they are just an annoyance to me, LAPD patroll cars and SUVs work fine for me. :smoke:

+1