MikeyPI

Modding Concepts:

Hopefully This will get PINNED so that people know not to request these items in a mod as the game cannot replicate them at all. As well as some decent conduct parameters when it comes to the mods made.

1).Fire Engine Apparatus Ladder trucks with articulating Trailers. Essentially the Rig and trailer with the ladder on it, the game cannot do this correctly to anyone's knowledge. It is most likely impossible due to the hard coding in the game so that is not a probable realistic attribute to find in this game.

LA Mod 1.9 has released this, therefore it is possible.

2).Police Pursuits, this is something that as of right now is not possible to encode be it through scripting or built into the game. It may be possible but is not something that was intended to take place so do not repeatedly ask for it because it is highly likely it is not possible. The criminals in this game WANT to get away and stop when engaged by the police, this is hard coded to make them ignore this may be impossible.

Pursuits are still impossible, as a big pursuit, however units can be chased down, and made to stop, such as in the chase script.

3).Animation related issues.... Animations can do many things but do not make the mistake of believing animations make everything possible, animations are designed for specific operations they are more or less scripted to do what they do, they are NOT dynamic, this limits their functionality by a vary large margin. You cannot make an animation that is "dynamic" meaning that these essentially respond like a script, they are meant to do one thing only, thus limiting their ability to do a whole gambit of things.

Animation Note: Animations are used for things such as putting down the legs of a truck, rotation of the rotors on helicopters and things of that nature on vehicles, people have more variables theoretically, but still remember these things are not easy.

4).Things available in one game may NOT work in another, meaning something that works in 4 may not be possible in 3 and vice versa, even though the games are theoretically based loosely on the same engine, there were many changes between the games making certain things much much more difficult to produce authentically.

5).Read through the suggestions previously mentioned in a mod forum before suggesting something the modder has declined for their current or next version, requesting the same thing repeatedly when they have said they have no plans to pursue that modification at this time is not necessary.

==============================================================================

Notation on Suggestions which the modification maker has declined to do in their current version or in their next version:

If a suggestion is made and the mod-maker declines it, repeatedly requesting the same thing which they declined to do at this time does not further motivate them to wish to do this objective, in fact, it has the reverse effect if anything it makes them want to hold off on it even longer.

If a mod-maker says something is impossible, take them at their word, chances are it cannot be made in the game. It may be possible there is an unknown workaround to the problem, but if it is unknown at this time modders cannot make it happen.

If you have constructive criticism it is one thing, but refrain from pointing out pathetic issues like lighting patterns, realize most of the modders are not 100% familiar with the particular area that their mod is from and do the best they can to be authentic but it takes a great deal of time to place the lighting on a vehicle properly.

If the author is notified of an issue within the mod somewhere within their forum or in their bug reporting once, there is no need to mention the same issue twice, it can be rather annoying to see the same complaint 10 times in a row.

Especially refrain from leaving criticism that you do not like something without anything more comprehensive to justify the post, a post that says "I don't like it" contributes nothing useful to a topic, if it is not constructive there really is no need to say it.

Modifications made for this game are very time consuming and very difficult if you make a comprehensive "full" mod, most mods are either in-progress or completed versions with updates to come, so just because something is not present in the current version does not mean it will not be before the mod is either released or updated. This game is NOT at all easy to make a comprehensive mod for, so understand it takes time and be patient and if the mod maker enjoys his work (that is what this game is, a great deal of work) perhaps they will evolve their mod further down the line to include more features.

Please do not post negative comments in this post, if you have any other limitations to the game I have not mentioned, feel free to add them to this list so that people will know and hopefully understand the things which cannot be done, or the things which there is currently no known solution to. Some bugs out there cannot be resolved so if anyone knows of these in particular feel free to add them.

take care

Guest Oliwerko

Well, I have some problems I have encountered, but it may be only my misunderstanding or something like that.

I would be glad if someone elaborates.

- No matter how hard I tried, I could not make blinkers on civil parked cars flash. Only after loading the car onto the tow truck and then unloading it (or maybe more actions like that), the blinkers flash.

- Unload Person command - I couldn't make it work. I tried many similar commands. I have had no problems picking the person up, but I couldn't make the firefighter drop it.

- When Fire Objects are activated on an OpenHouse, the door close (without any animation) and many problems arise. Like persons not responding to commands like to enter the house, or similar ones. Also, when you then send a unit in, he walkes through the door, and only when you send him out afterwards, the door open. I've had many scripting issues with this.

If these things work, could you please let me know how?

If they don't, than it's ok.

(PS: Sorry if the above is just my lack of scripting knowledge :banned:)

One thing I have tried everyway possible and had no success was mid mount aerials anyone prove me wrong? I would be very glad if you could because the game is truly missing them

I do not quite know what you mean by Mid-Mount Aerial Trucks, but IF the vehicle has a standard type ladder I do not believe it plays any role as long as the fire fighter can reach the basket to get up in the air. A multi-arm system is currently an issue nobody can solve(probrably impossible). The game's engine is designed for ladders to rotate and extend on the same axis. By this I mean the ladder has a single rotation point, from there the ladder turns and elevates, then the segments will extend outward as needed. I am unaware of a solution that will allow you to change this measure other than a hard-scripted event (which would limit the truck dramatically to only doing one movement alone when it deploys). If it is a standard straight line ladder, regardless to how it is mounted it should still be capable of functioning regardless of placement on the vehicle as long as the firemen can reach the basket. IF the basket is out of reach they can't enter it to use it, making it do nothing at all.

For the very same reason a functional Cherry Picker is not likely to work properly unless it is a scripted static object.

I do not quite know what you mean by Mid-Mount Aerial Trucks, but IF the vehicle has a standard type ladder I do not believe it plays any role as long as the fire fighter can reach the basket to get up in the air. A multi-arm system is currently an issue nobody can solve(probrably impossible). The game's engine is designed for ladders to rotate and extend on the same axis. By this I mean the ladder has a single rotation point, from there the ladder turns and elevates, then the segments will extend outward as needed. I am unaware of a solution that will allow you to change this measure other than a hard-scripted event (which would limit the truck dramatically to only doing one movement alone when it deploys). If it is a standard straight line ladder, regardless to how it is mounted it should still be capable of functioning regardless of placement on the vehicle as long as the firemen can reach the basket. IF the basket is out of reach they can't enter it to use it, making it do nothing at all.

For the very same reason a functional Cherry Picker is not likely to work properly unless it is a scripted static object.

This is a Mid-Mount Ariel.

937goshen.jpg

This one is a Sutphens and uses an actual tower part as the part between the truck and the bucket

937goshen_rear.jpg

There are mid-mount's that have a ladder like the one in the game.

917chester_side.jpg

99 % of mid-mounts are tower ladders but companies, like KME, still make mid-mount straightsticks like this

hooks_1981ALF.jpg

Retired Truck 633 1981 American LaFrance 100 foot aerial

This is a Mid-Mount Ariel.

This one is a Sutphens and uses an actual tower part as the part between the truck and the bucket

There are mid-mount's that have a ladder like the one in the game.

99 % of mid-mounts are tower ladders but companies, like KME, still make mid-mount straightsticks like this

Retired Truck 633 1981 American LaFrance 100 foot aerial

thanks for the pick to illustrate my point, problem starts when ladder is turned, i have tried saving it modded with a different center to try and work backwards and no go. I have tried eveything possible and it does not work right.

EDITED:

I have attempted the very same task myself and have ran into problems as well, perhaps there is a way to make this work but I do not see a viable one at this time. The game probrably does not like reversed ladders like the ones shown in the pictures, perhaps there is a way around it but I could not find one.

thanks for the pick to illustrate my point, problem starts when ladder is turned, i have tried saving it modded with a different center to try and work backwards and no go. I have tried eveything possible and it does not work right.

EDITED:

I have attempted the very same task myself and have ran into problems as well, perhaps there is a way to make this work but I do not see a viable one at this time. The game probrably does not like reversed ladders like the ones shown in the pictures, perhaps there is a way around it but I could not find one.

There infact IS a way to do so, but it involves making a different model and one or more stress balls (As I have not completly understood what I need to do and the internet can be unreliable)

Make the model backwards (Sort of)

Cab stuck to the ladder normal and then give it a normal LF/LT unit commands. Ta da problem solved.

There infact IS a way to do so, but it involves making a different model and one or more stress balls (As I have not completly understood what I need to do and the internet can be unreliable)

Make the model backwards (Sort of)

Cab stuck to the ladder normal and then give it a normal LF/LT unit commands. Ta da problem solved.

MikeyPI's reply was made like 10 months ago...

A reversed ladder is theorically possible, but I don't know if the it will work perfectly.

Besides that, LA doesn't have them so I don't want to spend my time on them.

Oh and please tell me why a reversed crane is the same as a reversed ladder truck. :)

MikeyPI's reply was made like 10 months ago...

A reversed ladder is theorically possible, but I don't know if the it will work perfectly.

Besides that, LA doesn't have them so I don't want to spend my time on them.

Oh and please tell me why a reversed crane is the same as a reversed ladder truck. :)

It has a reversed arm (like a backwards ladder).

I've been thinking...

Could foam be possible?

If you were to create a new liquid type or new particle type.

It could be scripted to spawn at the target point for a cool or extinguish command, then it would fade away.

I guess what I'm saying is perhaps it could almost be modeled off the liquid effect from the broken hydrants in the deluxe edition.

I've been thinking...

Could foam be possible?

If you were to create a new liquid type or new particle type.

It could be scripted to spawn at the target point for a cool or extinguish command, then it would fade away.

I guess what I'm saying is perhaps it could almost be modeled off the liquid effect from the broken hydrants in the deluxe edition.

why not it should work as blood dose the exact same thing. ever shot the dog it bleeds and then the blood fades. all you would need to do is make it a diffrent color and texture and thinker :)

Question, on the Police Pursuits, is it possible for a Police car to prefore an "Arrest" the offeneder, it would follow at full speed like a police officer chasing a crook, and then at the ned it would hit the car quickly ad back away making the guy get out. Possible?

i have an idea for the K9. Since it is scripted to find hurt people cant you just re script it to find active criminals? now it wouldn't attack them but it would follow the criminal :)

Cop_Car_Dec_21,_2005_010.jpg

I beleave a cruser of this stile will be impossabale to recreate in game. Its a Toronto Ontario PD Crown Victoria Stelth cruser. It is an unmarked cruser until it is hit by a bright light. When the light his the police logo is revealed, as you can see some parts of the gold paint is missing on the hood and rear of the cruser.

A Metropolitan Toronto Police Department Ford Crown Victoria Stealth Unit. The police markings are reflective and visible in the presence of a headlight beam (or photo flash as in this case); otherwise, the car appears black.

Description from wikipedia.

I beleave a cruser of this stile will be impossabale to recreate in game. Its a Toronto Ontario PD Crown Victoria Stelth cruser. It is an unmarked cruser until it is hit by a bright light. When the light his the police logo is revealed, as you can see some parts of the gold paint is missing on the hood and rear of the cruser.

A Metropolitan Toronto Police Department Ford Crown Victoria Stealth Unit. The police markings are reflective and visible in the presence of a headlight beam (or photo flash as in this case); otherwise, the car appears black.

Description from wikipedia.

I've never seen that, thats wicked awesome

I've never seen that, thats wicked awesome

Another reason Canada is da bomb :P

Funny thing is, people will sometimes drag race these guys, (some of the patrol cars are faster looking, and less reflective to light, and the logo will only appear at close distance), not realiseing it's a patrol car, (their usually opperated by the 'younger' officers :P), then right when the cop passes the other guy, he hits the lights, and screws the drag racer over :P