Hoppah

[EM3] Los Angeles Mod By Hoppah

Guest firemanzac

I did look at the pictures that's why I offered the links. L.A. City dosent run an aerial platform (LA County has several though), they run tillred ladder trucks. Also, those are the older USAR Trucks that were around when I was in LA City in 1998. Last year they got brand new bigger ones <lol>. I cant wait to get my copy of the game and add the mod. This site has made my day before it has begun. Keep up the good work!

I have made a new list which shows all information about v2.4

All changes for Los Angeles Mod v2.4:

Complete police force redone.

All police vehicles removed and replaced by new vehicles.

LAPD:

LAPD Patrol Car (Crown Victoria)

LAPD Unmarked Patrol Car (Crown Victoria)

LAPD SUV

LAPD Motorcycle

LAPD Armoured Vehicle

LASD:

LASD Patrol Car (Crown Victoria)

LASD Hummer H2

LASD Prison Bus

LASD SED Rescue Truck 1

LASD SED Rescue Truck 2

CHP:

CHP Patrol Car (Crown Victoria)

CHP Patrol Car (2002 Chevrolet Camaro)

FBI:

FBI Car (Crown Victoria)

FBI Command Truck

SECRET SERVICE:

Secret Service SUV

ARMY:

Army Humvee

AMBULANCE:

Ambulance 1

Ambulance 2

LAX Ambulance

Red Cross Hummer H2

FIRE DEPARTMENT:

LAX Crash Truck

OTHER MODELS:

M16 for sharpshooter

MP5 for SED unit

LAFD Command Post

LAPD Command Post

NEW COMMANDS:

- Command post (for LAPD SUV and LAFD Fire Chief Vehicle)

- MP5 commands

- Motorcycle commands

- ? SoSi (Siren command for each vehicle)

- ? Directional lights -> with different patterns

MISSIONS:

Mission 18: Fire in large office complex

Mission 19: Hostage situation in Boeing 747

Red means that those things aren't finished.

I have also changed the ballistic shield commands.

You can get the ballistic shield at some police vehicles now,

like you get a flash grenade or roadblock.

About the MP5 Commands.

I have made some complete new scripts to get and use a weapon.

Bass-Ti has helped me alot with making the shoot script.

I have made a short video which shows how the commands are used.

Download the video here

You can see that I first get the MP5 from the truck. Then I prepare to fire and then I can fire without break.

It works almost the same as the normal sniper rifle (sharpshooter). The command is not perfect (no flash), but it works great.

I have made the MP5 model and I have also found some MP5 sounds which are used too.

It is possible to copy the script and use more weapons. And to use different sounds for each weapon.

Greetz,

Hoppah

the changes and additions to 2.4 look great, but wasn't there also a F.B.I. SUV?

FBI SUV's are not very common in USA, so I've replaced it with a Crown Victoria model.

They are somewhat common, its just that for fast response they use Crown vics because of their speed and stability... The SUVs come in later, when speed is not essential.

the changes and additions to 2.4 look great, but wasn't there also a F.B.I. SUV?

FBI SUV's are not very common in USA, so I've replaced it with a Crown Victoria model.

They are somewhat common, its just that for fast response they use Crown vics because of their speed and stability... The SUVs come in later, when speed is not essential.

Yeah very true, I know that they do use them more often now a days. But I'd like to see one, they looked good.

Things are going good now.

I am working on the airport map for the boeing 747 mission, which is a lot of work (new ground, some edited buildings/objects).

I am also working on the Chevrolet Camaro (almost finished) and ambulance model (just started). I still have to work on the prison bus and I also need to make a crash truck for the airport missions. AND I am working on the scripts for the 2 new missions. When everything above is done I have to place the new vehicles and missions in my mod ( I am working in a seperate folder now) which is also a lot of work (remove/replace/rename files) and finally I can test v2.4 and I will release a test version for some people then.

Estimated Time of Release: End of March 2006.

Can you tell me which vehicles firemen can transport civilians in? Because on the flood mission, it seems a waste to have to order a new chopper for every four civilians.

Guest Erucolindo

You can lan the helicopter, and then unload ther persons. As far as I can remember, you aint supposed to completely remove the persons from the map, just evac to the area without the flood. So you only need one chopper ;)

no, you need to evacuate the whole map, except the part where the marines are behind a fence. Use a helicopter to pick them up, then land on the ground, unload persons (click on their symbol) and evacuate another 4 persons.

i'm trying to model a new more accurate MTW for LA mod. It will be based on a Ford E-series van chasis, and I am also going to make a police transport Ford Windstar (van). This should add more dynamic units to take the roles of german vehicle models.

First i'd like to to congratulate Hoppah on this mod, mainly for the new missions and the models. Keep on good work ;)

Well i have a problem with em3 ... and i think maybe this mod could be the the cause, but i'm not sure. i've been searching in this web, in google but i find nothing. A few days ago I updated the game to install los angeles mod with the correct patch (v.1.03 or 1.3 i don't remember) in this page and followed the instructions. Now when i play the mod sometimes ( this happen to me mainly when i play for second time a map without close the game before :? ) the game freeze, the cursor chages to the windows one and i can do nothing but restart the pc. Did anybody has the same problem? is there a solution ? :(

Thanks to all