Kajanpb

Mods in English!

Hi.

How hard is it to translate for example the Braunschweig Mod 2.1 or the Winterberg mod into english?

I mean, i don't know the language because i'm swedish and i only speak english and swedish. So it is very hard for someone like me to play those mods, i would like to play them so i understand, i have tried to understand german but it does not work that well. I became quite a mess acually.

So, is it hard to translate? Or is there maybe a translation of them out all ready? Or maybe someone can translate them, who know german?

I love the LA mod, but i want to try new things, and the scripts that is used in the two german mods is great, i mean to have a central and alarm vechiels out is cool.

So, what do you guys say?

Yes, it's quite alot of work to translate a whole mod into English.

You can do two things:

- Translate the mod by yourself or with a team.

- Ask the creators to mane & release an English version (most Germans understand English too) :)

Yeah, thats what i mean "most Germans understand English too". Why dont you focus to make mods in english so everyone can play them? :P

Well, i cant translate them, because my lack of the german language :P

Yeah, thats what i mean "most Germans understand English too". Why dont you focus to make mods in english so everyone can play them? :P

Well, i cant translate them, because my lack of the german language :P

Because the developers of the game are from Germany. And because the German version was released much ealier than the English version. The German community is also much bigger than the English/Dutch community. So, three reasons why most (German) mods are in German. :)

Because the developers of the game are from Germany. And because the German version was released much ealier than the English version. The German community is also much bigger than the English/Dutch community. So, three reasons why most (German) mods are in German. :)

Ahh.. then i understand. :P.. Since we have a tread up, so i want to ask a thing.

When i and a mate is playing the winterberg mod, at every traffic accident that involves cutting out people i never cant get the "jaws of life", i have had every truck out and tried to get it but i cant.. it is a cross (not active) over it, which truck is it? Sometimes i can use it and sometimes i cant...

And i cant find the button to send the diving truck out..?

Thanks for the fast response Hoppah. :D

Guest Angelstorm

To answer your first question about mods being in English... I am English and i do not know German at all and I have Emergency 4 Deluxe and Play both these mods and I have learn`t by the experience of playing what the buttons or commands are for for each "event" the only one I haven`t got my hang of is The Gas Cloud how to get rid of it and deal with the mass of people in freeplay who are infected everytime i cure them with the van they get the death mark and I have no idea on how to cure the cloud..

with the accident one - you need to send the Fire truck ... second button in on the fire brigade panel

to me its a good test and I keep a note of what things are and mean what gets sent out etc! it adds to the game, ok prob the first few times you play you lose alot of points because you are still learning what does what ... I think it adds to the enjoyment of the game .... well it does to me .. I can`t answer your next question as I havent played online at all .

To answer your first question about mods being in English... I am English and i do not know German at all and I have Emergency 4 Deluxe and Play both these mods and I have learn`t by the experience of playing what the buttons or commands are for for each "event" the only one I haven`t got my hang of is The Gas Cloud how to get rid of it and deal with the mass of people in freeplay who are infected everytime i cure them with the van they get the death mark and I have no idea on how to cure the cloud..

with the accident one - you need to send the Fire truck ... second button in on the fire brigade panel

to me its a good test and I keep a note of what things are and mean what gets sent out etc! it adds to the game, ok prob the first few times you play you lose alot of points because you are still learning what does what ... I think it adds to the enjoyment of the game .... well it does to me .. I can`t answer your next question as I havent played online at all .

Thank you for your kind help.

Well, it just two things to figure out now :P Why the jaws of life isnt working in multiplayer?

And, it just came to me, the trafficlights is screwed up, its enormous ques when i play freeplay. It is red all the time except fpr maybe 2 milisec. Why? Any one more than me that have had that problem?

Again, thank you for your response. :D

Guest firefighter092
the water rescue vechile

Speaking of the water rescue vehicle does anyone have any idea how to get a diver for the winterberg mod. I'm starting to get a little peeved whenever a car goes into the drink and i cant find a d@mn diver!

I'm actually looking into getting a team together to make an english version of the winterberg mod but with an american or canadian city. it's still in the VERY early stages but i'm hoping it will work out well.

The Winterberg mod looks awesome, but there is so many all sorts of buttons and it's in German so I don't understand nothing...

:-(

I agree. I just tried it out, I loved it of what I understood. I just clicked around and lots of cool stuff happend. It had lots of buttons, and stuff. Like when you put the sirens on it speeds, otherwise it drives there normally - which is awesome!

Can't someone translate it or does anyone have a translated version?