LibertyWings94

Gotham City Submod [ ReBorn ] - (Slow WIP)

Hello everyone,

it's been a while, isn't it? Four years is a long, long time indeed! Four years ago, I wanted to give my contribution to this community, thus I began my work on a Gotham City Police Department sub-mod for Hoppah's LA Mod. Back then, I didn't knew the scope of my work, even less the scale I wanted to give it. What the heck, I wasn't even sure I would go over those three CVPIs I made! But things were coming up nicely, and the response was fairly good. Then RL struck hard - very hard - the pandemic did the rest so I abandoned the project. Plus, all my assets went the way of the dodo along with my old hard drive so... yeah. Not an easy situation, I'll tell you that! Fours years later, I am here. Back on the track... sort of :D

Learning again how to mod EM4 was a pain in the ass, but the results exceeded my own expectations. The cars you are seeing, are all completed, redone from scratch with lights and such and only need ingame implementation... if only I manage not to screw up the LASiren script. Might need a help from you guys in the future as I'm terribleawful, at scripting.

IMPORTANT: due to real life work, time constraint etc. I don't know if I'll be able to cover each of the four branches, much less making a custom freeplay map. For the time being, this will remain a GCPD-only sub mod, with a little bit of Gotham-themed flavour here and there. So stay tuned for more updates! Also, it is good to be back.

Disclaimer:  if you're looking for a 1:1 Nolan's Gotham City, you won't find it here... not fully at least. The reason why? The stylistic direction I'm taking will be a "middle ground" between Nolan's Dark Knight, Rocksteady's Arkham games, keeping a balance between realism and the "rule of cool".

Credits so far (updated to 10/02/2024):

itchboy: Crown Vic PI 1998-2011, Chevy Tahoe, Ford Explorer 2016, Lenco Bearcat, Ford Econoline, Chevy Impala, Light Equipment Pack
itchboy and ThinBlueLineKY4: Whelen Centurion lightbar
EmC-Unit and rihis: Vision lightbar
bama1234: Police Vehicles Accessories, Light Equipment Pack
Tomar 930: Light Equipment Pack
Engine.Co.7: Whelen Liberty lightbar
Terrow: Rambar
MikeyPI: Eurocopter AS350
LA Mod Team: Police Building

gcpd2.jpg

gcpd1.jpg

• Like 4

Hi everyone! Progress on the lights has been good and steady so far. Didn't have time to make a video of them tho, but they're quite a view. Also done the unmarked CVPI.

EDIT: I can't show you yet the slicktop CVPI because lights pattern seems a bit "erratic" to me. I have to double check them.

EDIT 2: anyone knows where I can find any assets for american taxis? It would be much appreciated

Credits: Terrow (Terrow Rambar)

gcpd_lights.jpg

gcpd_lights2.jpg

gcpd_unmarked.jpg

• Like 2

Hello everyone. I'm back with a new, small update. This time, I'm bringing in the New Jersey State Patrol CVPI. But why New Jersey? What does it have to do with Gotham City? Well, according to the "Atlas of the DC Universe", published in 1990, Gotham City location is in that state, precisely on the Jersey side of Delaware Bay.

njsp.jpg

• Like 3

And with the Gotham County Sheriff Department CVPI, the line of 2000s Crown Vics is now completed. All I need to do now is to code them ingame and see if everything will go as planned. After that, I'm gonna take a break for a while, then I'll come back with more units for you to, eventually, fiddle a bit :D

Credits:

itchboy (Whelen Centurion Lightbar)

gcsd.jpg

crown vics.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sportsguy672 said:

Keep up the awesome work can't wait to download it when its released.

Ty for your feedback. Glad you're enjoying my work so far! I hope to get everything in a playable state asap ☺️

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LibertyWings94 said:

Ty for your feedback. Glad you're enjoying my work so far! I hope to get everything in a playable state asap ☺️

Np

Are you going to add any ems/fire.

Also you should add a batman unit lol.

20 hours ago, sportsguy672 said:

Np

Are you going to add any ems/fire.

Also you should add a batman unit lol.

As I wrote earlier on this topic, at this point is too early for me to evaluate if there ever will be any EMS/FD. I planned to deliver, at least, a fully functioning GCPD with all assets in place.

A Batman unit would be fun tho haha, and I actually thought of that. But i don't know how to model stuff, plus it would remove the focus from the GCPD 😅

2 hours ago, LibertyWings94 said:

As I wrote earlier on this topic, at this point is too early for me to evaluate if there ever will be any EMS/FD. I planned to deliver, at least, a fully functioning GCPD with all assets in place.

A Batman unit would be fun tho haha, and I actually thought of that. But i don't know how to model stuff, plus it would remove the focus from the GCPD 😅

Yeah a batman unit would take away from the focus. I would love to see some of the cars from the Keaton movies. But i still love the crown vics. Also the EMS/FD isn't really a thing u see in the batman movies' to much. So if you don't or do put the EMS/FD it really wouldn't matter to me.

Other wise love what your doing. 

• Like 1

Hello people! After this week's break, I came back with a small update to assure those who are following that the work on the submod is proceeding, albeit at a slower pace.
Last week, I "armed" myself with patience and made some brand new unit icons. They've all came up nicely, I say. Might update them later tho. Three more CVs to go and I have done with them :D

I'll keep in touch as soon as I'll have more to show

Left column: GCPD Patrol Car
Middle column: GCPD Freeway Patrol Car
Right column: GCPD Slicktop Patrol Car

ui.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Yeah a batman unit would take away from the focus. I would love to see some of the cars from the Keaton movies. But i still love the crown vics. Also the EMS/FD isn't really a thing u see in the batman movies

About the first thing you said, It may take time but who knows... maybe ;)

Secondly, yeah not much is seen, but a bunch of those would add a lot of nuances to the submod. Who knows? Atm I'm just planning to end the PD branch asap 😅

55 minutes ago, LibertyWings94 said:

About the first thing you said, It may take time but who knows... maybe ;)

Secondly, yeah not much is seen, but a bunch of those would add a lot of nuances to the submod. Who knows? Atm I'm just planning to end the PD branch asap 😅

I love the progress updates will download when you release it.

Keep uup the good work.

For those who are still following or for those brand new: bonus eye-candy today! Are you tired of that old, boring mid 2000s era tablet loading screen? Of course you are, so that's why I provided you guys a brand new loading screen drawing ispiration from RL police computer screen.

And besides, wouldn't it be dull to play a Gotham-themed submod without any extra flavour? Hope you like it!

loading screen.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

For those who are still following or for those brand new: bonus eye-candy today! Are you tired of that old, boring mid 2000s era tablet loading screen? Of course you are, so that's why I provided you guys a brand new loading screen drawing ispiration from RL police computer screen.

Nevermind, I've updated it in the last ten mins or so! Added an extra stripe, less spacing between folders and... *drum roll* I made a variant! That's right baby! When everything is released, you will be able to pick one of each at your own taste!

EDIT: bear in mind that I'm a sucker for details and coherency so these loading screens may be subject to change in the future

Enjoy! :D

background - Copia.png

background2 - Copia.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello everyone! Two good news for you boys and girls. First and foremost all the main CVPIs are fully completed with custom icons, proper light pattern and INGAME! So it is safe to say that Law Enforcements is 20% completed. After that is all about SUVs, SWAT and such.

Secondly, here's a couple of gameplay screenshot to get you engaged.

20230509180542_1.jpg

20230509181118_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Since time came to move on with my lifSUBMOD, I hereby present to you the next patrol car in line. Representing the future of Gotham's most élite crime fighting force, the 2016 Charger for the Major Crimes Unit division comes to you in all her beauty plus a fresh, brand new paint job to differentiate she from her older but venerables and aging CVPIs.

Ingame implementation will soon follow

charger.jpg

• Like 5

Hello everyone! I'm posting to assure you that the work on the submod is going well albeit at an even slower pace: y'know the usual RL stuff plus other interests and games that may - or may not - take my time. But I'm still here nonetheless, and I'm still working on it.

Stay tuned for more news in the days to come!

• Like 4

Hello guys, I know it's been almost two months since you last heard from me and I'm sorry for about taking so long. I'm not much of a speaker, so I'm going straight to the point. Due to RL circumstances, the development of this sub-mod is temporarly on hiatus. Before you ask: no, I'm not abandoning the project. That would mean waste weeks of work and fatigue so nah, not going to happen. But for the moment... well... I'm not in the right mood to continue.

Don't worry, as I promised earlier on the thread, I WILL deliver. But for now, I'm taking some rest from modding.

Stay safe and I wish you well

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1