Freelancer

Essex Mod The First UK Mod For Emergency 5

qIJQK9A.png

Hi all,

Welcome to the Essex mod page for Emergency 5. Essex is a county in the East of England. One of the home counties, it borders Suffolk and Cambridgeshire to the north, the North Sea to the east, Hertfordshire to the west, Kent across the estuary of the River Thames to the south, and Greater London to the south and south-west. The county town is Chelmsford, which is one of two cities in the county with the other being Southend-on-Sea which was granted city status on the 1st March 2022.

Essex mod aims to be the first UK mod for emergency 5, and build a good foundation for other potential UK mods in the future, we are still in early stages of development, Essex mod is a submod to Ludenscheid so because of this 

we'll be able to share/use most of really good scripts/plugins that really enhance the emergency experience. We really are grateful that we are allowed to do this as I know how much time and effort the LDS team have put into their mod, they continually push the boundaries of the Emergency engine creating the best mod for Emergency 5 to date. I'd also like to give a special mention the the Bieberfelde team for helping me initially get started in Emergency 5 and helping me walk through my first steps in modding this game.

What can we expect to see in the mod?

Custom high quality models

New scripts

Custom emergency service buildings

New Map ( not in the initial release )

UK Environmental assets/buildings ( slower progress )

The Team

Freelancer - Lead Developer/ 3D Artist

KillerConsti- Lead Developer/Coder

Fishboe - Lead Developer/ 3D Artist

Fig - Environmental 3D Artist 

XxOJLxX-2D Artist

Lennard-Coder

E.Raw-Research

Currie-Research

Images/Media

Orgog89.png

T6a9yor.jpg

ZDppTCI.jpg

VVaKfht.jpg

GXVog8J.jpg

YCZDHoO.jpg

WC2gGTg.jpg

We Are Recruiting!

If you feel you can contribute to the Development of this mod and help us get closer to a release we would like to hear from you

Official Media

Essex Mod Discord Join the discussion + more frequent updates  https://discord.gg/qzYX4Cvxnm 

Essex Mod YouTube Channel (NEW!) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7Ya7mU6l1d07Oj6DgKpcg

ko-fi - You can now support us for all the hard work we put into this project. We're also taking commissions, if you'd like to see a specific model included into the mod.

https://ko-fi.com/essexmodteam

That's all for now and we hope that you are looking forward to the first UK mod for Emergency 5! Stay tuned on this forum and Discord for more updates

Looking forward to your feedback 

Essex Mod Development team

• Like 4

On 5/6/2022 at 3:22 PM, Sammiplayz said:

Looks so good!

Do you guys have a discord? 😀

Yes we do have a Discord https://discord.gg/qzYX4Cvxnm 

The Dennis has received some more work over the last few days including the Godiva water pump stationed in the rear of the appliance 

FvvPQgK.jpg

The Dennis wouldn't be much use without a whole range of different equipment to help the crew deal with incidents and casualties so as well as the water pump, lots of equipment has been added too

Dennis_Equipment_5.png

Dennis_Equipment_6.png

PIs0ixW.jpg

Happy Weekend :)

The Essex Mod Development Team

• Like 4

Hello everyone,

We've been a bit quiet on the forums and on our discord the last few weeks, but we've been busy working, Recently we've been importing bits and pieces into the editor and trying to gain some much needed experience on using the new Emergency 5 world builder, this though has come with it's problems, mostly with textures. When we first imported the Dennis our textures was looking nothing like what we had in our 3D software, it was way to shiny ( due to spec/gloss levels ) and our metallic parts were showing up as black, after some investigating we managed to find the cause of the issue.

Before

xhbHAFc.jpg

After

WMgFZff.jpg

Although it's a big step up from we had the Dennis is still not quite right, there are some shading issues, some darker spots which should not be there. This is our next issue to fix. We want the Essex mod to be as high quality as possible and our textures sharp and crisp. Our main focus over the next week or so is to get the Dennis wrapped up and finished, so it can serve as a references for our future models and help speed up development time.

Another example of our texture issues and be found here with our Environmental artists Fig and his first uk style house.

Before 

3O8wDX3.png

After

ACWuk61.png

Fig has also been working on our first fire station and one of the biggest stations planned so far

Southend Fire Station

YTijq7D.png

6OlyvcF.jpg

qV0yy8F.jpg

Interior of the Mercedes Sprinter

I've been busying building the interior of the sprinter witch is now taking shape nicely :)

q2VgnCN.png

WPYkugc.png

Stryker M1 from emergency 4

credits to NNICO, Sputnik, Stormi, Nomex

That's all for now guys 

Essex Mod Development Team 

• Like 1

Hello!

I've started textures for the BMW 5 series:

By6ZqJJ.png

UX2Cp2Z.png

This would be the undercover car, a police livery will be done soon along with textures for the other parts.

And we've worked out shading issues with the Dennis, turns out the sharp edges were not split and its now looking much better!

05YLbtz.jpg

Fishboe

• Like 3

Hello guys

I've got some more news to share with you today, First off the Dennis is really taking shape now and it's getting close to a finished state. As you may of read we've had some texture issues the first time we imported something into Em5. After a few weeks of fixing and tweaking I'm happy to show off these new pictures. 

gTUxST8.jpg

bp7slQm.jpg

F7dzbHO.jpg

ikyv9vo.jpg

sq3FL7m.jpg

Thanks to Floh(OlfDE) who over the weekend kindly showed me how to add all the doors and lockers via the editor so that they open when crew are getting out and on scene. Although they still need to be animated 

It's another box ticked off the to do list. Next we need to work out how to construct our lightbars and textures using alpha maps. This is so we can have the same high quality lightbars like the German mods that are currently available at the minute.

We're very happy with how the Dennis is turning out here you can see a picture I took of the very first test port we did and how far it's come along since then .

jYVqBcF.jpg

Also Fishboe's BMW 5 Series Estate car is getting some attention now and received it's first tests port the other day. 

yD0bdzh.jpg

The BMW will serve as a traffic unit in both marked and unmarked livery's

Lastly here is a screenshot of a new Essex police patrol car I've been working on I won't announce what it is just yet and see if anyone can guess what it will be:)

For those local to the Essex area it might be quite obvious

hJo2O1g.png

Thanks guys 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hello everyone, time for another development update 

Southend Fire Station

Firstly I want to show off our Fig's first Fire station for the mod and one of our larger ones, the fire station is based off Southend which is located in south east Essex 

1o59UMb.png

yWJ3UWm.png

bvaj31l.png

yBNgund.png

yQbGMOi.png

There are other buildings to add to it which Fig has already modelled but still require textures so they will be coming soon.

Whelen Edge 9M

My current focus is currently on getting our first lightbar built and ready for game Jan Moo is assisting us with any questions that we have and offering his guidance I'm expecting progress on this to be a bit slow over

the next week or so as we experiment with alpha textures and getting everything working correctly, but keep and eye out for updates on this one 

wj9meNS.png

BhLlWI0.png

Vauxhall Astra 

The Vauxhall Astra is a Essex police patrol car that myself and Fishboe have been working on more updates on this one coming soon too, also expecting to have some 

more pictures Fishboe's BMW 5 Series as we import the other bits for it like doors and wheels 

48hM7ip.png

Thanks guys 

• Like 3

Hello all,

I'm pleased to show some work in progress images of our next fire engine, Mikeydino has been busy working on this Scania cab Scania's are one of the most common truck manufacture's for Essex Fire Service

there are multiple variants from general appliances, ladder trucks and other more specialized purposes. Here is the Scania P280 with Angloco as the company who convert it to a fire engine. This Scania is is a fairly complex piece of geometry and one of the tougher models to recreate but Mikey has smashed it with this one. Most of the work is finished on the cab and he is now focusing on the interior whilst I can begin modelling the rear of it 

expect to see some more image it soon as it develops...

ILEMgQ9.jpg

qdSPgCN.jpg

hB9iVwx.jpg

Ub27QEl.jpg

N4DfooP.jpg

Also Fishboe has made a start on the BMW police livery so expect to see more on this one too soon :)

xhBGhxv.png

Happy weekend :)

Essex Mod Development Team

• Like 2

Hi all,

Time for another update, first on the list is fisboe's BMW 5 Series traffic patrol car which is now all ready to go with just the lightbar left to do :)

d3Q0OUL.png

We also now have our own YouTube channel and have uploaded a couple of videos demonstrating some lighting work which has been done this week, We've had to use Jan moo's flares from the Bieberfelde mod team as I haven't worked out yet how to create our own.

still need to add flashing head lights to them but we don't have our emissive textures maps set up yet, but they will be added soon :)

BKx4lfA.png

A close up of the Whelen Edge 9M as seen on the Dennis

Thanks Everyone

• Like 1

Time for another update guys

The Whelen Justice light bar has been added to the game and can now be seen on the Essex police bmw 5 series traffic unit 

Next are some of our smaller map additions seen here is a typical UK traffic light and a street lamp ( more variations are on the way )

LCR2J36.jpg

DGQwDiT.jpg

The remaining parts of Southend fire station have also been imported into the game, this now completes all the buildings that make up the compound, although it still needs some walls and gates to be made

DClTU6u.jpg

RleNbYI.jpg

Next to get some love is our first East of England Ambulance Service vehicle which is the Mercedes sprinter, we originally was going to use an old Em4 model for the cab but have since

decided to build our own, will have some pictures of that to show soon in the meantime take a look at the rear.

n1Zu64H.png

That's all for now

• Like 1

Hello guys

Despite the really hot weather here in the UK we've still been working and we're ready to share our first East England Ambulance Service vehicle the Mercedes sprinter

The cab received a new model built as we was planning on using an old em4 model but decided for a re build so there is no drop in quality

Here is some pictures of the first test port, still texture tweaks to be made and more parts to be imported, equipment, wheels, lights etc..

BBNEjDf.jpg

UACkoAR.jpg

Stay tuned for more developments on this coming soon...

Thanks guys

• Like 2

As I'm sure most of your are aware of the current events here in the UK. As we head into 10 days of mourning the team have decided all work on the Essex mod shall stop for 10 days as a sign of respect/take time to reflect on our queens amazing 70 year reign 

Y2SSknF.jpg

Hello guys,

It's been a little while since our last post, don't worry we're not disappearing, we've just been busy with life recently. However that's not to say that we've not been working behind the scenes. Today we'd like to share with you two new vehicles that will be joining the Essex fleet. Firstly is the Volvo V90 police traffic unit, currently being made by Fishboe

9DO4Ct5.png

QNufXt4.png

5LRg8OK.jpg

Next is the East England Ambulance Service HART IRU Unit, which I'm currently converting our original sprinter model into the long wheel base variant and all the other additional bits that come with it

3HqsHcg.png

Zf4BAcH.png

Aw1F54W.png

Buqtd6u.png

uE1SCQ0.png

rnfCggA.jpg

That's all for now guys 

• Like 1

Hey guys, just a quick one, It's been a busy week for us and we'd like to share a few images with everyone showcasing this week's work, which includes some

new environmental assets and the Volvo V90....

vXdKIy7.jpg

yf5ty5m.jpg

pDF5oHo.jpg

VvD2hSh.jpg

KJl66GW.png

Hey guys,

So October was a busy month for the team especially in environmental assets. So today I put together some pictures to recap on last months progress. Definitely getting some English

vibes with these assets now 🇬🇧😃 Expect to see some progress on Fishboe's Volvo V90 soon as it's nearly ready  👀

yXIYjed.jpg

9KhuTVD.jpg

FipAHmR.jpg

bPsRFcR.jpg

W9OGF5p.jpg

G8uLAum.jpg

30pSu90.jpg

IuB1n1i.jpg

Thanks Everyone

• Like 4

5 hours ago, alexCNP said:

The mod looks really good, and I really appreciate those new tutorials! Maybe that way Em5 modding community can expand a little more ;) 

That was my thinking too ;) Still got more videos to make just haven't got round to it yet.

Essex's roads are about to get a whole lot safer with the Volvo V90 Traffic unit nearing completion 😉 🔥 This version features the Aegis lightbar, but will also include the Whelen Justice

uBqWYT3.jpg

gg2jepX.jpg

Miw43qm.jpg

P9eyIGv.jpg

tEBYXSy.png

dEoOpfS.png

Enjoy guys

Essex mod Development Team 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1