matte31

Virtual objects, adding vehicles from start

Hello,

Im currently playing around with the westfalls scripts in a private mod im creating.

However, i am stuck on the WestFallsFireStationStart/LAFireStationStart script.

I can't manage to add units from start in game..

Can somone see anything wrong in the script?
Note that i am purely using the script to add two new units, the other ones are not relevant/not used in the mod.

Things done:
-Added VO for every single point, see screenshots.
-Added the correct properties in the editor like gate1,2 etc.

1469634245_Em4DeluxeScreenshot2021_09.06-02_11_10_94.thumb.png.d9b47eea1efb1f79bbd1964aa6a0782f.png1897850233_Em4DeluxeScreenshot2021_09.06-02_11_02_57.thumb.png.e5ae16366b979932be718ea941944c73.png1302965960_Em4DeluxeScreenshot2021_09.06-02_10_29_67.thumb.png.0f49c13ff7bfec75d099f40d94dc0f0e.png799384196_Em4DeluxeScreenshot2021_09.06-02_11_23_29.thumb.png.e979f6e367643d733ad3acfe1df13615.png

WestFallsFireStationStart.script

The virtual objects need to be defined in the script, and then you need to take those definitions and allocate them as variables.

Then, the vehicle prototypes need to be adjuted in the script, and then you need to specify that a specific vehicle prototype will spawn at a specific virtual object.

59 minutes ago, itchboy said:

The virtual objects need to be defined in the script, and then you need to take those definitions and allocate them as variables.

Then, the vehicle prototypes need to be adjuted in the script, and then you need to specify that a specific vehicle prototype will spawn at a specific virtual object.

Imo that is exactly what ive done.

But as it doesnt work i am obviously missing out on some parts.. 

I took a very fast look.  The only thing I see is the new prototypes are mapped to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/fire department/, whereas the other units are mapped to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/.

I just want to confirm that these are in a folder named "fire department" and not one named "02 LA Fire Department"

1 hour ago, matte31 said:

Imo that is exactly what ive done.

But as it doesnt work i am obviously missing out on some parts.. 

I need context because I don't know what you've modified. I can only give general advice with station scripts without playtesting the actual mod. 

I did the scripting for West Falls so I can probably help if this isn't too drastic of a change.

I also have no idea what VO names you have, specifically, which ones work or are broken. I also don't know which of these VO's and prototype names are still valid for your mod (which I think runs on a new map) and uses new vehicles.

Things to look out for in general are incorrect VO names, incorrect prototype names, and the allocation of the ActorList l1, l2 and so on.

l1 and l2 can be named anything btw, just try to keep it descriptive enough.

Line 341 might be wrong, it says "Pose" instead of Pos.

6 hours ago, 2Bells Gaming said:

I took a very fast look.  The only thing I see is the new prototypes are mapped to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/fire department/, whereas the other units are mapped to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/.

I just want to confirm that these are in a folder named "fire department" and not one named "02 LA Fire Department"

Thanks for the reply, the prototype is correct.
The other ones named 02 LA Fire Department are from the old mod.

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

I need context because I don't know what you've modified. I can only give general advice with station scripts without playtesting the actual mod. 

I did the scripting for West Falls so I can probably help if this isn't too drastic of a change.

I also have no idea what VO names you have, specifically, which ones work or are broken. I also don't know which of these VO's and prototype names are still valid for your mod (which I think runs on a new map) and uses new vehicles.

Things to look out for in general are incorrect VO names, incorrect prototype names, and the allocation of the ActorList l1, l2 and so on.

l1 and l2 can be named anything btw, just try to keep it descriptive enough.

Line 341 might be wrong, it says "Pose" instead of Pos.

I have pretty much built fire station 1 from the WestFalls mod and added "it" into my private one on a new map.
All the VO names etc are built the same as in the original script, just with another name for the units involved(551/558).

I have doublechecked the VO names and prototype names and haven't found anything wrong.

What exactly is the Actorlist, i haven't thought on that before tbh.

Line 341 is corrected.

16 hours ago, itchboy said:

Do you have the entire map of vehicles spawning except those 2, or do you have no vehicles spawn at all?

It might be because your fp_freeplay script isn't initializing the start script upon loading FP.

I have only added two vehicles.
And those do not spawn.

The others are still in the script because im to lazy to remove them.